PDA

View Full Version : Foam cannon, rinse, then wash?

ZionsWrath
08-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Just bought a foam cannon. I using megiuars hyper wash in it and Optimum Wash and Wax in 2 bucket wash. Should I soak car in foam then rinse then use optimum to wash? Or should I 2 bucket wash while the foam is on the car?

maxcustody
08-09-2013, 04:39 AM
I just bought one myself and used it last weekend on the wifes truck. I rinsed all dirt off, used the foam and while on the car did the 2 bucket wash. Worked great.......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wes Bremec
08-09-2013, 05:52 AM
The problem with the foam being on the vehicle the whole time is sometimes the suds start to dry out almost on your paint . I ten to foam, power wash(rinse), 2 buckets, then rinse ( sheet)

Wors
08-09-2013, 06:29 AM
I foam, rinse, and then 2BM. This way more dirt will be removed before the wash media touches the paint during 2BM.

jayshut11
08-09-2013, 06:42 AM
:iagree: In my opinion, it's the safest way.

zmcgovern45
08-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Foam, rinse, 2BM

-or-

Foam, rinse, foam section, wash section, rinse section, foam another section, wash section, rinse section... Repeat.

With the 2nd method you only need a rinse bucket to keep your mitt clean while washing. Your foam cannon takes the place of your soapy water in you wash bucket.

Christopher.Brown
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
I foam, rinse, and then 2BM. This way more dirt will be removed before the wash media touches the paint during 2BM.

:xyxthumbs:

:iagree: In my opinion, it's the safest way.

:props:

Foam, rinse, 2BM

-or-

Foam, rinse, foam section, wash section, rinse section, foam another section, wash section, rinse section... Repeat.

With the 2nd method you only need a rinse bucket to keep your mitt clean while washing. Your foam cannon takes the place of your soapy water in you wash bucket.

for me the caveat is i still use a 2nd soap bucket, just for that OCD level of cushion to try to pre encapsulate any dirt that 'may' still be in my mitt.... :laughing: its splitting hairs i know.. but i feel if i treat all paint as if it were on a Buggati i wont EVER be intimidated when i work on one :props:

:dblthumb2:

:iagree: im WITH all these GUYS ... im FIRMLY OF THE CAMP the more loose contaminants and grime you can remove without having to touch the wash media to the paint and micro mar THE BETTER!

mcgovern and i are seemingly of the same mold when it comes to washing. Brother from another mother, some 1950 miles apart :laughing:

DaGonz
08-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I wash in the shade, so the foam drying on the car is a moot point for me. I let the foam dwell on the surface for a few minutes, the do my 2 bucket wash and rinse. I foam it again and then do my claying using the foam and soapy water as a lubricant, then rinse again.

wdmaccord
08-09-2013, 11:45 PM
so far I've really only used my foamer for IronX snow soap, so I foam, let dwell for 3-5 minutes, rinse, then 2BW with DG 901.

I have used the DG in the foamer a couple times when the car was really dirty as a pre-soak. I still rinsed before I did the 2BW. Even in the shade, the foam seems to dry pretty quick for me. I have really hard water, so that might make it dry faster?

cmoneyinc
08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I clean all four wheels/tires first. Then I rinse entire vehicle (power washer). Then I foam cannon it and let the foam do its job for a few minutes. I don't let the foam dry on the paint, but remember - the advantage of foaming is the foam emulsifies and encapsulates the dirt and carries it away as it drips off the vehicle. So you kinda have to let the foam do its job instead of immediately rinsing it off (again, without waiting too long and letting it dry on the paint). Then I rinse again and move to the 2BM. The whole idea here is to get rid of as much dirt particles as possible before you ever touch the paint with a wash mitt.