PDA

View Full Version : Enviroguard NG

Eric@CherryOnTop
08-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Anybody ever hear of this stuff. It's some sort of nano coating applied at the dealership. I have a client coming in next week with a 2013 Audi s5 for an AIO job with some spot compounding of scratches. She just had this stuff applied at the dealership earlier this week. The website for the product is:

LINK REMOVED -- SEE TERMS/CONDITIONS

I told her that if it was like other nano coatings I am familiar with, that the polishing process I do will most likely abrade it away. She said she doesn't care, she just wants her swirl marks and scratches gone.

Any and all insight is greatly appreciated!

~Eric

lyodbraun
08-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Don't know..,maybe just put a coat of sealant on the areas when done with them...

Don M
08-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Don't know..,maybe just put a coat of sealant on the areas when done with them...

Since most of the work is done in the prep/polishing stage and applying a sealant is usually straight-forward and easy, I would just put a coat of sealant on the car after you polish out the scratches & swirls, makes for a complete job and will likely be better than the dealer "Nano Coating."

Eric@CherryOnTop
08-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm really just wondering if this stuff will present me with any unexpected problems. I'm coin a AIO with XMT 360 and spot compounding on some scratches, I just don't want to blindsided by "titanium" paint when I get to work.

Sent from my Transformer using AG Online

Don M
08-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm really just wondering if this stuff will present me with any unexpected problems. I'm coin a AIO with XMT 360 and spot compounding on some scratches, I just don't want to blindsided by "titanium" paint when I get to work.

If by "titanium" paint you mean something that's hard to work on because of the dealer coating, you can stop worrying now, most AIOs will remove any LSP that's on a car, so one you do your one-step, you'll have a 'clean' surface to work with.

Eric@CherryOnTop
08-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Yes Don, thats exactly what I meant by titanium :-). Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I guess with those types of things you're really buying the warranty more than the protection, this stuff has a 7 year warranty. Supposedly.