PDA

View Full Version : Klasse

Pages : [1] 2 3

stilltipping3
08-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Hi, ive never heard of this stuff. I am now hearing about it everywhere ive been reading. Is it that great? :work:

mwoolfso
08-08-2013, 06:58 AM
It has a long history and a long following. I just acquired the Klasse twins in a trade and plan on seeing what all the hub-bub is about. :-)

Klasse Act
08-08-2013, 07:24 AM
I've been using Klasse since 2005, it was my first venture away from using Meg's almost exclusively back in the day. KAIO is a good product to use either when doing a spring clean-up or winter prep. Be aadvised it doesn't offer a lot of cut, so paint correction isn't its strong suit. Klasse Sealant Glaze on the other hand is one of the best sealants out there, but has to be used properly or it can be a bear to work with, please don't be intimidated though, check out these easy to follow tips when using KSG:

-get a bowl of water and dunk your applicator in there and wring out

-pour some of the KSG into a small spray bottle

-spray one squirt onto your damp applicator pad

-apply to one panel at a time, going left to right and up and down to ensure complete coverage

-remove right away and go onto the next panel

Now after every couple panels its ok to re-dampen your applicator pad, actually its in your best interest to do so, makes life a lot easier, trust me. In my experience I prefer square mf or cotton applicators when applying KSG, foam absorbs too much. As far as KAIO goes, use the same process and you'll be fine.

Glad people are still finding the Klasse twins and BTW, when making up rinseless wash as a quick detailer, I've been adding 1-2 oz's of KSG to the gallon mix. This makes a "super QD" that I've had great sucess with!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ken tuep
08-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Its a really good product . I've been using for a couple years, I find it easy to use and really lasts a long time.

I put it on my truck a couple years ago, and I thought it was all gone, till I polished it. I could see it was removing the layer as I compounded. My truck is outside 24/7.

I continue to use it today, on many of my customers vehicles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Desertnate
08-08-2013, 08:35 AM
I've been using it since around 2004. I bought 16.9 oz bottles of the "Twins" at that time, and I still have about 8 oz left.

I have used it on both of my primary cars twice a year every since I bought the stuff. As long as you put it on super thin with a damp applicator, both products go on easy and come off easy too. I have found that if the surface is warm or your doing it in sunlight (some of us don't have a choice) it dries really quick and can be hard to remove. A bottle of Sonus Spritz usually solves those problem spots.

I made the switch after getting tired of waxing my cars four times a year with Carnauba waxes. With one layer of Klasse SG I can go six months. After I mid-west winter of rain,ice,snow,salt, etc it's about done at that point. In the spring/summer, it's still going strong after six months. Water is still beading up and looks shiny when clean.

If there is one down side to Klasse in my book, if you can call it one, and that's the shine. It really shines, but in a shallow reflective/wet/glass manner, almost to the point of being reflective and mirror like. Now that I'm a little older I'm finding my self drawn to a deeper warmer inner-glow shine vs the "put on your sunglasses" reflection.

All that said, I'm not ready to give up and move on. I don't have time to play alchemist so I'm sticking with what works. I also like only having to heavily detail the car twice a year. However, I am in the search of a good between detail and post wash product that might "warm up" the shine so I can take advantage of the Klasse durability, yet still get more of the shine I'm after.

adrenaline
08-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Klasse twin is first coating product i use. With correct application method as klasse adviced. It is very easy to apply. I applied it for 3 months. I have not washed my car after apply as it became clean after go out in rainy day. Of course i do not have very high standard of clean. But it look shine after raining

FUNX650
08-08-2013, 09:19 AM
-Been around since 1936.

<<<http://www.dooya.schildersmilies.de/oldschool.gif >>>

-Others say it’s old-fashioned.

-I always allowed the products to speak for themselves.

-If still on this side of the sod...I would have been saying that for over 75 years!

Yours Truly,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/collinite_oldschool.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/62484)

Bob "Charlie" Collins

Note: I'm sure you've heard of my Brother: "Tom"...

bigmackmiller
08-08-2013, 10:01 AM
What is the proper method for letting it "cure" is there a window you need to wait between the AIO and the SG?

Desertnate
08-08-2013, 10:10 AM
What is the proper method for letting it "cure" is there a window you need to wait between the AIO and the SG?

Not that I know of. I roll from one to the other. I'll do a pannel with AIO and then wipe it right off. Once the car is done I hit the whole thing with the SG

There is a cure time between layers of SG. I believe the bottle says 24hrs. I usually wait a week, i.e. apply one Saturday and then hit another coat the following weekend. *When* I layer SG. Most of the time, one layer will do for me.

Klasse Act
08-08-2013, 11:14 AM

When I bought it from the place I 1st bought it from they told me 12 hrs is the cure time.

It was mentioned about a good maintence product to use inbetween, well I use a rinseless wash made up as a quick detailer and infuse KSG into it, works awesome! Right now I'm using Turtle Wax rinselss (entire bottle into a gallon), mix in 2 oz's of KSG and top off w/ water and your all set!!

bigmackmiller
08-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Ok thanks guys

Klasse Act
08-08-2013, 04:11 PM
The Klasse twins are from 1973.

TroyScherer
08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Just got done using Klasse AIO on my door pillars. Cleaning off some water spots from rain.

FUNX650
08-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Just got done using Klasse AIO on my door pillars. Cleaning off some water spots from rain.

I'm going to check for any water spots on "The Good Wife's" Klasse'd-up-Jeep...
as soon as this storm is over; and when I sober-up somewhat...

Yours Truly,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/collinite_oldschool.jpg (http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/62484)

Bob "Charlie" Collins

Note: I'm sure you've heard of my Brother: "Tom"...

Bob

adrenaline
08-12-2013, 11:05 AM
When I bought it from the place I 1st bought it from they told me 12 hrs is the cure time.

It was mentioned about a good maintence product to use inbetween, well I use a rinseless wash made up as a quick detailer and infuse KSG into it, works awesome! Right now I'm using Turtle Wax rinselss (entire bottle into a gallon), mix in 2 oz's of KSG and top off w/ water and your all set!!

Hi Klasse Act, i learn from you for all the good thing of klasse and start using it mostly based on your comment. I found it is really good stuff. I use KSG in spray bottle. It work great!
Based on your advice above, i have just bought a turtle rinseless wash and mixed 1 oz to 4 little rinseless wash. However , the ksg does not dissolve and become yellow solid thin piece in the wash solutuon. Is it normal ?or i did not do correctly. Aapreciate if u could share more detail how to make the wash solution mix with klasse for proper maintenance. Thanks:)