PDA

View Full Version : Help with VX5000 testing...

live4soccer7
08-08-2013, 01:32 AM
I acquired a vx5000 without attachments for a heck of a deal. I understand the attachments will run about $300, but it was still worth it. I need to test the machine for full functionality without the hose or attachments. I know it heats up to operating temp, however is there anything else I can do to test it for full functionality?

I only have the base machine and plug in for the outlet (and the filler cap)

2old2change
08-08-2013, 08:27 AM
The hose is necessary to test the unit. Until the hose is plugged into the machine all you can check is the heater and three switches. A couple of times I have started to use the machine and nothing happened. A quick check showed the hose wasn't pushed all the way in and as a safety nothing would work. Sure keeps from someone getting badly scalded.

silvermesa
08-08-2013, 09:47 AM
I would encourage you to talk to the distributor in Springfield, Mo. about your unit and discuss what you might need and even consider sending it to him to be checked out. I have had some service work done on mine and met Steve personally since I live in Missouri and found him very helpful!

live4soccer7
08-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks, looks like I'll probably just order up the accessories and hose. Does anyone happen to have the manual for this thing? I can not find it anywhere online.