PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Fabric Clean

Pages : [1] 2

BradsDetailing
08-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I've seen a couple threads on members asking for a good carpet/upholstery cleaner.

I've been using Chemical Guys Fabric Clean for about a month now and it has been the only carpet and upholstery cleaner I have used (I'm newer to detailing).

Folex
I researched a bit on what to use for carpet and upholstery and a lot of member recommended folex with great results. Although at ~$20 a gallon and having to be used straight it can get pricey fast. Although it does work great for tough stains.

Fabric Clean
After doing a chemical guys search I found their fabric clean. The specs say it's biodegradable, contains an enzymatic odor eliminator, has naturally occuring microbes which degrade organic compounds that cause odor which eradicates them completely and leaves behind a fresh scent. No toxic chemical, ammonia, bleach, color damaging detergent or solvents. So, all science aside, it's an environmentally friendly cleaner, stain remover and deodorizer.

After using this stuff just a couple times I can tell you it works. It suds up nicely and cleans overall very well.

Lightning Fast
I know chemical guys has another carpet and upholstery cleaner called lightning fast which I don't believe is environmentally friendly or has any odor eliminating properties but does a better cleaning job. That's what I get when I read the quick specs when comparing them.

Deodorizer
Anyways, this stuff does a great job and eliminating odors too. It has a lemon scent and leaves the car smelling that way but not too overwhelming or anything.

Consistency
The consistency is like a medium gel. A tad bit thicker than hand soap.

Cost
It dilutes 20:1 and costs ~$22 a gallon. So it makes 80 spray bottles full of solution at a cost of a whopping $.28 a bottle.

At 20:1 it does clean very well, for tougher spots a touch of folex or a stronger ratio can be used, although I find 20:1 to be fine. But this stuff is dirt cheap and should be in your garage unless you like something else. I haven't seen another review of it so I thought I would post it here. I don't have very many pics of results but what I do have give you a good idea what it can do.

Only things I haven't been able to remove from carpet so far is sharpie marler spots and red wine/Juice as seen below. Although it did lighten the juice stain very well.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/bradmbonville/318SBtnHGHL_zps3dd3192c.jpg

Before
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/bradmbonville/IMAG0355_zpsaa3106fa.jpg

Afterhttp://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/bradmbonville/IMAG0359_zpsb8056913.jpg

Beforehttp://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/bradmbonville/IMAG0353_zpsefc7c45b.jpg

After
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r678/bradmbonville/IMAG0358_zpsb48e278e.jpg

stemyx
08-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Have you tried All Clean+ ?? And what's your technique for cleaning carpets?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

BradsDetailing
08-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I have not, who makes it?

rjd598
08-08-2013, 03:25 AM
I have not, who makes it?

Chemical guys

stemyx
08-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah chemical guys does and it can also be used on exterior

BradsDetailing
08-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Looks like the same stuff, has anyone used both?

RhetoricMixes
08-08-2013, 11:57 PM
I have both but never used All Clean + on carpets. I currently don't have any stains to test on either.

BradsDetailing
08-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Is the consistency and color the same?

stemyx
08-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Well I think its green and the lather brings up all the dirt and stains and I think the runny liquid is green. It's highly concentrated. Check out their video on their engine detail they use it and its pretty effective!

CamaroSS27
08-09-2013, 08:58 AM
All Clean + is an APC which can be used for multiple things, Fabric clean is just for carpets and such.

RhetoricMixes
08-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Is the consistency and color the same?

If you compare the undiluted products then Fabric Clean is a thick viscous liquid (smells like lemons) and All Clean+ is thin liquid about the sae consistency as normal water (slight chemical smell but does not permeate into whatever you spray it on).

Fabric Clean foams up like its no ones business. I dilute it 5:1 and have to really spray it lightly to not get a lot of foam. If i'm extracting its great because it lifts all the dirt to the surface and I haven't encountered anything it couldn't handle yet.

All Clean+ is a great all around APC for things like door jambs, engine cleaning and exhaust tips but I didn't find it effective enough for interior cleaning. Seemed to leave something behind which I didn't like.

actionhank1786
08-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Looks nice.
I'm wondering, what technique do you use to clean the seats?
I made the mistake of purchasing a car with tan cloth seats, and they are an absolute beast to get clean. After a few years of working in a kitchen, those trips back home have left some black tint on the sides, seat cushion, and the door frame/ seat belt.
I have the Lightning Fast but I've been wondering what the best way to get the stains out would be.
I've contemplated renting a steam cleaner with a car attachment to try and get at them.

mdoodle
08-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the write up. I have been wondering about this stuff. I've been using Lightning Fast 20:1 and 10:1 with pretty good luck, but anyone know how Fabric Clean compares?

mdoodle
08-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Looks nice.
I'm wondering, what technique do you use to clean the seats?
I made the mistake of purchasing a car with tan cloth seats, and they are an absolute beast to get clean. After a few years of working in a kitchen, those trips back home have left some black tint on the sides, seat cushion, and the door frame/ seat belt.
I have the Lightning Fast but I've been wondering what the best way to get the stains out would be.
I've contemplated renting a steam cleaner with a car attachment to try and get at them.

I only do detailing on the side so others here have a lot more experience than I, but I would mix your Lightning Fast 20:1, put it in a spray bottle and spray it on, agitate with a brush and blot off. Repeat as needed. If a Bissell Little Green Machine is in your budget, that is my tool of choice since I don't do enough extracting to justify a Mytee or something more "pro" - although I would love to have one.

My technique is as above, LF sprayed on, brushed (I also use a drill brush for really tough stuff) and use the LGM with the hottest plain water I can get out of the tap in the solution tank to rinse and suck it as dry as possible. I only try to spray on enough that I get a reaction when I brush it and then suck it back out with hot water. You could do the same with a rented rug doctor if it has a wand. Try to suck as much of the liquid back out as you can to keep the stains from wicking back out as it dries, and try not to let it get too drenched as you're working on it.

I would use the lightning fast on the seat belt and plastics as well. I have used it on more than upholstery and carpet and it does a pretty good job on lots of things. I have also used it on the carpet in my home and for an around the house type apc.

BradsDetailing
08-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Seems like I would stick with the fabric clean than the all clean only because it deodorizes and foams up too, which i really like because it seems to clean better.