PDA

View Full Version : Mildew and black streak remover?

zlman
08-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Cleaning up a new to me 14 yr old camper. Looks like the only exterior care it ever received was mother nature, which is very weird since the interior is perfect.

Anyway, I'll be compounding the gel soon and wanted to clean the roof and trim first. On hand I have Megs APC+ but mixed 10/1 didn't faze the mildew. Wonder if 4/1 would do any better?

Or what have you used that worked wonders?

The roof and awning are a mess and I'll be treating it 303 aerospace protectant once its clean. What are my options for those?

ken tuep
08-07-2013, 07:56 PM
I would grab some zep mold and mildew cleaner. You can pick it up at Lowes or home depot, and is cheap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

FUNX650
08-07-2013, 08:27 PM
From the folks that bring you Rejex:

Corrosion Technologies Corporation's Extreme Clean

http://www.corrosionx.com/images/xtreme-clean.jpg

:)

Bob

zlman
08-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Just got done with a clean up. We're taking it early next week so I decided my OCD wouldn't let me take it without trying something to make it look respectable.

Mixed up some Megs APC+ at 4/1 and went to it, worked extremely well. Roof isn't gleaming white but its about 8 shades lighter than the start. Took off the majority of mildew and all the black streaks. For the price of APC and how far a gallon will last, I'm very happy. The awning looks like new, funny how some grime attaches itself almost permanently to some surfaces and not so much to others.

I'll be ordering the above mentioned product or some other stuff called "Amazing roll off", for a more detailed cleaning. Hoping either of those will cut the remaining mildew.

jmorlan
08-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I went out to hunt some amazing roll off today locally, westmarine.com said they carried it in stores, they were out though on the shelf.

Ive heard GREAT things about it, Im wanting to use it on my vinyl and anywhere else I can find to use it on the boat.

From what I have heard/read, youll like it.

zlman
08-09-2013, 08:39 PM
I would grab some zep mold and mildew cleaner. You can pick it up at Lowes or home depot, and is cheap.

I was at walmart today and saw the Zep product, it was like $3/bottle so I thought I'd try it. One pass hardly touched it but if you spray your towel and wipe it on pretty heavy and leave it sit and repeat a couple times it works wonders. Can't beat the price!

ken tuep
08-09-2013, 08:52 PM
A gallon is ~$10. I just spray, let dwell, and scrub with a brush, then rinse.

Wesley's bleche white also worked really well. But kinda made mine look dry.