PDA

View Full Version : Thin Carpets (High Traffic Fibers)

AtomicDetailing
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey guys,

My first time posting here. Last forum I've actively posted in was Auto Detailing Network, but that forum hasn't been active in a long time.

Anyways, back on topic. I've always had one thing in some cars that have always nagged me and that is these really thin, high traffic carpets common in Mazdas, Volkswagens, & Subarus and I can't for the life of me find a procedure that works 100%.

I'm sure some of you professionals know what I'm talking about. This stuff is like velco and no amount of vacuuming, dry brushing, air purging and shampooing/extracting with get every little piece of dirt and debris out of the fibers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has found a solution?

BucboyInPa
08-07-2013, 05:17 PM
If the carpets are really dirty you are never gonna get it 100%. You can brush then vacuum and it will break up a lot ,but unless you work on them for days I dought you'll get everything that has worked it's way into those carpets.
On VW's I usually just re-dye the black carpets. I have tried those brushes you attach to your DA but it still does not get all those years of dirt that are trapped out of those carpets. So you are not alone.
Good luck,I'm sure there will be others that will have a lot more input.

VP Mark
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
The only thing I've found that will get all of the debris out of those nasty short nap carpets is my tornador gun without the product dispenser attached. It is like an air gun on steroids and will blow all of the stuff out so that you can vacuum it and have a clean slate to shampoo afterwards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online