PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire wet ice over fire issues

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 02:21 PM
Hey there guys. I did a minor paint correction on my mustang and then applied blackfire all finish paint protection via pc and blue lc pad and after that was buffed off i then applied blackfires ivory carnauba wax via pc and lc black pad and buffed off. I did not allow the wax to sit long at all. Maybe a couple minutes. Anyway, the shine was amazing and the next day when i take her out (keep in mind i only did the hood as a test) I look at the hood in the sunlight and it is very splotchy and cloudy. A quick wipe takes it away, but it re appears later. Does anyone know what this could be? Am i supossed to allow a cure time of the sealant before applying the wax? I was going to clay the hood to get rid of the wax and sealant and then re apply the sealant and let cure for 8 hours and then apply the wax. Anybody have any idea what i did wrong? I'm all ears.

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Heres what it looks like

RandyD
08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I believe a sealant needs between 12 - 24 hours to cure before you put carnuaba wax on top of it.

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Could that be my issue then?

JHL88
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I would wait a minimum of at least 12 hours in ideal conditions for sealant to cure before putting down another LSP.

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Alright sounds good. Thanks guys. Will the clay remove both products? It's the mothers clay which i think is on the aggressive side, correct?

FUNX650
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I was going to clay the hood to get rid of the wax and sealant

Alright sounds good. Thanks guys. Will the clay remove both products? It's the mothers clay which i think is on the aggressive side, correct?
Hold up a minute, if you don't care, on the removal of these Blackfire products...and give the below methods a try:

sound like it's a "topical" problem

Smudging, blotchiness, or streaks, or even patches of dark and light on the surface is actually a sign of excess trace residues still on the surface.

Usually wiping the paint with a spray detailer and a soft microfiber polishing towel will remove the smudging or streaks.

A normal car wash will also fix the problem.

Another option is to try the final wipe technique but this is usually done immediately after initial wax or paint sealant is removed.

The Final Wipe – Tips for creating a streak-free, show car finish (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/19956-final-wipe.html)

and then re apply the sealant and let cure for 8 hours and then apply the wax.

If the above Mike Phillips suggestions work...do this next time around.

Anybody have any idea what i did wrong? I'm all ears.

You answered that question with a "window of cure-time" needed! :props:

:)

Bob

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Excellent reply funx725! I will give that a try and report back! Thanks

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Alright gave that a try and it looks great right now, but i'll be leaving here in an hour or so, so i'll see what it looks like in the sun. It seems to happen when the sun hits it and it gets hot.

ironsurvivor
08-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Just got back from dinner and it looks great! It's still really hot outside and the splotchyness is gone so thanks for that tip! I guess when i do the whole car i'll be sure to let the sealant cure before i put on the wax. Thanks guys.