PDA

View Full Version : Staying Dry in Summer Heat

Pages : [1] 2

Dust2Glory
06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Hey guys I figured I'd share how I dress for details. I'm in central texas and it's dang hot all summer and the humidity level is crazy!!! But anyway, after a few trial and error dress codes, I have found a combination that works. I know we all want to look semi-professional, but most people know we have a dirst, sweaty job. So this is what I wear and it all revolves around microfiber.

I always wear Nike Dri-fit sleeveless shirts. They like everything else I wear have the wicking effect, it doesn't soak up the heat... it really allows it to evaporate.

Underarmor underwear... sounds crazy, but if your a dude and your sweaty and you wear cotton underwear.... well to keep if PG you know what I mean

Underarmor socks... keeps your feet really dry. Before I would have to change my cotton socks after every detail!!

Mesh shorts... comfortable and again keeps you dry.

Sweat band... looks kinda retro. But I sweat alot, even with my tent and I don't want my sweat dripping inside the car or on the paint after I cleaned it.

That's it. I know it's kinda off the wall. But hey we all need to be super careful when it's summer time. None of was wants anyone to get hurt or anything like that. Be blessed and I hope this gives you ideas!!!:righton:

ScottB
06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
thanks for the PG rating ....

I'd polish naked (no chance of scratching the paint) but would permanently scar the youth in the neighborhood. I must look like Chewbacka when waking by the window in the morning !!

Surfer
06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm scarred for life after seeing Scott doing his naked rain dance outside....the horror:eek:

I just wearing baggies and flip flops

ehuth1
06-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I can't stand when the sweat drips on the car (dangit!)

Great Post

scottgt
06-09-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks man...ya this texas heat is killing me also....to bad you cant rap the car in under armor to make it cool...what size tent do you have?

Dust2Glory
06-09-2007, 12:46 PM
thanks for the PG rating ....

I'd polish naked (no chance of scratching the paint) but would permanently scar the youth in the neighborhood. I must look like Chewbacka when waking by the window in the morning !!

ya but if you polished naked....then your skin would touch the car and you would have smear marks!!! :eek:

maybe wrap yourself in saran wrap then you'll be ok

wytstang
06-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Also baby powder all over your body will help with sweat too. Drink plenty of water too guys it would suck if someone lands in the hospital again.

Dust2Glory
06-09-2007, 12:48 PM
thanks man...ya this texas heat is killing me also....to bad you cant rap the car in under armor to make it cool...what size tent do you have?

bro i carry a 10x20... its heavier than all get out. but for the most part keeps car cool and me as well

Surfer
06-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Also baby powder all over your body will help with sweat too. Drink plenty of water too guys it would suck if someone lands in the hospital again.Didn't Justin end up at the hospital last year?

wytstang
06-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes he did

scottgt
06-09-2007, 01:00 PM
bro i carry a 10x20... its heavier than all get out. but for the most part keeps car cool and me as well

im thinkin of gettin a 12x12...

Dust2Glory
06-09-2007, 03:23 PM
im thinkin of gettin a 12x12...

i can say this since AG doesn't sell tents. Go through EZup.com they are expenseive but have great warranty and their products are top notch... and like i did they can put your logo on the canopy. You'll have a hard time fitting big trucks under it. that f-350 i did took up all the room.

scottgt
06-09-2007, 04:49 PM
i just bought a 12x12 for $79 i couldnt pass it up...im gonna use this one for a while and see how she works

Tex Star Detail
06-09-2007, 04:51 PM
You just aren't a manly man like me! LOL I have been wearing a T-shirt with a cotton Polo over it...............

NOT ANYMORE!!!! LOL Too hot now!

scottgt
06-09-2007, 05:07 PM
i just bought me sum under armor shiz...woot woot...my detailing colors black and red woot woot