PDA

View Full Version : Ran out of microfiber cleaner

Pages : [1] 2

Tony@TDC
08-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I ran out of microfiber cleaner. I know I should have kept a better inventory but I made a mistake. Now I need some off my towels cleaned but I don't know what to use in a pinch.
Any suggestions would be great?
Thanks so much in advance, I placed another order but I need something now
Sent from my SGH-T999 using AG Online

mavin
08-07-2013, 11:26 AM
All Free and Clear

Tony@TDC
08-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks, I appreciate it. I guess it won't leave a residue or anything

master detailer
08-07-2013, 11:30 AM
wash just like anything you wash and put 1 cup of bleach in and 1/2 cup of degrease in .Let the water fill the the washer 1/2 way then put mr in thats it been doing this for 3 yrs now works real good

erichaley
08-07-2013, 12:25 PM
wash just like anything you wash and put 1 cup of bleach in and 1/2 cup of degrease in .Let the water fill the the washer 1/2 way then put mr in thats it been doing this for 3 yrs now works real good

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the bleach.

Most of the microfiber care instructions I have come across include bleach on their "do not use" list.

See here:
How to Care For Microfiber (http://www.autogeek.net/mi101.html)

Harry Da Hamster
08-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Use your regular laundry detergent, with a small scoop of baking soda, and a couple "glugs" of white vinegar. It'll come out very clean and super soft.

parttimer
08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I have heard the vinegar stuff too.

JHL88
08-07-2013, 03:23 PM
I have heard the vinegar stuff too.

I've used vinegar numerous times and works very well. For heavily soiled MF towels ill boil them for 3-5 min adding 1-2 cap fulls of distilled white vinegar. The towels will feel brand new afterwards :dblthumb2:

Tony@TDC
08-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all the tips, I tried the vinegar thing and it really does work. Again thanks guys

Jeff120
08-07-2013, 10:52 PM
vinegar is during the rinse, not wash

dipolley
08-07-2013, 11:55 PM
I use 1/2 the recommended amount of All Free and Clear for you load size and 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar. Works like a charm. This is what we use on a daily basis and occasionally use Adam's microfiber revitalizer to give the towels a boost.

Harry Da Hamster
08-08-2013, 12:21 AM
vinegar is during the rinse, not wash
You know i used to use vinegar during rinse but now i use both baking soda and vinegar during wash and it works great! Try it. I'f i'm not too lazy i try to add a little vinegar during rinse also since it helps to remove any excess soaps and its a natural softener.

cardaddy
08-08-2013, 12:59 AM
I'd say your regular liquid plus you can add a half shot of Woolite. I would *never* however put bleach on MF towels.

We have one of those washers that measures the load and adds whatever water it thinks it needs. (Goes through a bunch of little spins and twists then starts filling.) I'll trick it by wetting the towels first and putting them in, or just pouring water in on top of them. That way I end up with more water for the presoak stage.

I even set aside different custom cycles for car towels and microfiber towels. That way I don't have to remember to presoak, extra spin, extra rinse, etc. Then once it's done it'll transmit to the dryer based on what it just did and the dryer 'knows' what's coming and how long to dry it. :)

Mach1USMC
08-08-2013, 01:06 AM
Ditto on "All Free and Clear" plus white Vinegar. - BIG NO on bleach or fabric softeners. And do not dry with heat or high heat.

BuffaloBill
08-23-2013, 10:46 PM
The vinegar seems to soften them but what about breaking all the chemicals down in the laundry?

To those that added bleach. I wouldn't worry about it now, too late, and a lot of city water has about 1ppm in chlorine content so you truly won't be chlorine "free."