PDA

View Full Version : Removing windshield numbers from dragstrip?

Spiney
08-07-2013, 07:54 AM
I take my car to the local dragstrip, Maple Grove near Reading PA, a couple of times for fun.

They put a number on your windshield and side window with some sort of window paint or shoe polish. At the end of the night or next day it's hard as hell to get off.

No regular window product seems to help. In fact I generally end up scraping it off with a credit card or similar plastic edge.

Any ideas of some easier way? Thanks, Dave

tuscarora dave
08-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Single edge razor blade should take it right off and then there will be some ghosting that can be machine polished off with any polish. It's similar if not just the same as what used car dealerships use to paint the details of the car on their windshields.

drbll
08-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Try Glass Science Glass scrub. It removed where the dealer wrote "sunroof" on a Monte Carlo I detailed, every time the windshield got dew on it you could see it, after the Glass Scrub and Rain Clear it is gone.

DetailKitty
08-07-2013, 08:10 AM
Single edge razor blade should take it right off and then there will be some ghosting that can be machine polished off with any polish. It's similar if not just the same as what used car dealerships use to paint the details of the car on their windshields.

I was gonna suggest this... my ex raced there all the time. He just tok a razor blade to it the next morning.