PDA

View Full Version : Garry Dean products

Pages : [1] 2 3

lunchboxmunchy
08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Hey Geeks. I've recently been watching a bunch of Junkman videos and he keeps talking about Garry Dean detailing products. I've never heard about them and was curious as to where to find them and whatnot. I wanna do some research on it.
Thanks

Setec Astronomy
08-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh boy, did the Junkman sign on to hawk GD products like he used to do for Adam's?

lunchboxmunchy
08-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Oh boy, did the Junkman sign on to hawk GD products like he used to do for Adam's?

Haha. I dunno. He mentioned Adam's quite a bit too. I've never heard of GD, so i'm intrigued.

lunchboxmunchy
08-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Never mind. I found it. It wasn't what I thought it was gonna be. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

af90
08-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Haha. I dunno. He mentioned Adam's quite a bit too. I've never heard of GD, so i'm intrigued.
He's already moved on to Meguiar's now Optimum.

Rsurfer
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Never mind. I found it. It wasn't what I thought it was gonna be. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff?

Isn't one of his products made to wash your car and dress your tires at the same time?

Setec Astronomy
08-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Isn't one of his products made to wash your car and dress your tires at the same time?

I think you can use it for mouthwash, too.

Actually that's not fair. I think we should thank Garry for showing us that the same basic silicone emulsion can be used for almost every application we have in detailing, instead of a dedicated product for each application. It should make you think about what the active ingredient actually is in all those dedicated products. Spend some time at the Dow Corning website and you'll see what I mean.

Rsurfer
08-06-2013, 09:41 PM
"silicone" the magic bullet.

Quiksilver5882
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
I think the Ultima waterless wash comes in as a cheaper alternative than the infinite use detail juice.

Setec Astronomy
08-06-2013, 10:44 PM
I think the Ultima waterless wash comes in as a cheaper alternative than the infinite use detail juice.

Yeah but Ultima marketing is so blasé in comparison.

Harry Da Hamster
08-07-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm sure its a great product but there's one reason why i have no desire to try it. It's because he probably doesn't manufacture the product, it's most likely relabeled. That's not the problem though. It's the fact that its so much more expensive than most other rinseless products. If it's relabeled, how can it be better than the products from Optimum and Ultima and charge a premium? He is catering to YouTube viewers that have probably never seen a rinseless wash before.

I am grateful for learning his rinseless wash method though.

davey g-force
08-07-2013, 01:43 AM
It's probably a mix of Optimum / Ultima / Megs mixed at a "secret" ratio.

But yeah, I still can't justify the price and I wouldn't buy it...

Harry Da Hamster
08-07-2013, 01:51 AM
It's probably a mix of Optimum / Ultima / Megs mixed at a "secret" ratio.

But yeah, I still can't justify the price and I wouldn't buy it...

With purple dye added. Cause purple is the new green :laughing:

lunchboxmunchy
08-07-2013, 01:56 AM
I agree with the pricing. It's outrageous. I'm sure Meguiar's and the other brands are just as good.

Keep Calm & Chive On

Garry Dean
08-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Im the MAN