PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Help

jonesboy
06-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Hello I am new to the detailing world, I love a clean car an usually used meguire's over the counter products, from Target or Walmart (lol). I have a 2001 Yukon Denali in good shape need to remove swirls and small scratches. I will also be cleaning a 2007 Cadillac Escalade as well. I did buy the porter Cable 7424. I see so many products that come higly recommended. Now I am coming to the experts. Here are my questions any any assistance Is greatly appreciate. I live in the NY/NJ are so that will give you climate information.

1. What produtcs to wash the Truck with?
2. What products to use to wax and bring that hard shine back?
3. How often do I used waxes?
4. Is a clay bar good to use as well.
5. What order will I use the products/ Ex Wash, Wax, Clay ? So confused...
Any other tips that I might not have thought of please let me know. Once I clean I will take pictures.Feed back please

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 10:02 PM
1. Duragloss #901

2. What colors are the cars?

3.Depends on if ur using a wax (says it last for 3 months or sealent (last for 6 months) and how much you wash your car...If you wash your car like twice a week then you might want to wax once a month just to be safe...each (wax and sealents) have thier differences from each other...

4.I think claying is recommended every 6 months or so...

5.Wash, Clay, Wax

Where in NJ/NY do u live? I'm in south jersey...

jonesboy
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the information. I live close to Newark NJ area.
The Cars are Black and Red
How is the DP Products I read a lot of good stuff about it.Feed back please

KJW Detailing
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
i dont have any yet but i know that alot of poeple love the DP products...

jonesboy
06-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Okay well I will look into it. I really do appreciate your help on this, So much information.

KJW Detailing
06-09-2007, 12:05 AM
your welcome and i understand b/c i too am still learning!