PDA

View Full Version : CG BlackLight on New Vehicle

Pages : [1] 2

BakerzDuzin
08-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I have been really impressed with all the results I've seen with chemical guys blacklight product on white/pearl vehicles and was going to give it a try on my new blizzard pearl Toyota. When looking over Mikes new vehicle detailing guide it talks about using sealants/wax for the final step. My question is should I use a wax after I use CG blacklight or just call it good and apply the detailing sealant spray?

Christopher.Brown
08-06-2013, 10:43 AM
I have been really impressed with all the results I've seen with chemical guys blacklight product on white/pearl vehicles and was going to give it a try on my new blizzard pearl Toyota. When looking over Mikes new vehicle detailing guide it talks about using sealants/wax for the final step. My question is should I use a wax after I use CG blacklight or just call it good and apply the detailing sealant spray?

Since BL has fillers and is considered a 'sealant' as THEY say.. i wouldnt put a sealant over it... the surface wont be very conducive to maximum adhesion as you would normally use an IPA dillution or a solution such as Eraser Pro to remove all trace residue of ANYTHING before a sealant....

You could throw a spray wax such as D156 over it.. since this has a durability of about 3 weeks it wouldnt be a huge waste if it only lasted 2

just my .02

BakerzDuzin
08-06-2013, 10:47 AM
Since BL has fillers and is considered a 'sealant' as THEY say.. i wouldnt put a sealant over it... the surface wont be very conducive to maximum adhesion as you would normally use an IPA dillution or a solution such as Eraser Pro to remove all trace residue of ANYTHING before a sealant....

You could throw a spray wax such as D156 over it.. since this has a durability of about 3 weeks it wouldnt be a huge waste if it only lasted 2

just my .02

What about the V7 that is recommended with the blacklight? Would that be considered still just a sealant with the detailer?

Would you apply the V7 and then a spray wax still?

BakerzDuzin
08-06-2013, 10:58 AM
I was planning on: claying the vehicle, applying black light, using their spray V7 and possibly waxing it if you all suggested. This what what CG recommended when I asked the same question I asked you guys on the forum. What do you all think? Overkill for a new car?

Wash (Chemical Guys CWS_402_16 - Mr. Pink Super Suds Shampoo & Superior Surface Cleaning Soap (16 oz)

Clay (Chemical Guys CLY_111 - Poly Clay Bar, Medium Duty

Polish/Compound ( Chemical Guys GAP_V38_16 - V38 Optical Grade Final Polish (16 oz)

Glaze ( Chemical Guys GAP_619_16 - Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish (16 oz)

Sealant (Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal 109 Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)

Wax ( Chemical Guys WAC_302 - 5050 Limited Series Concours Paste Wax V2 Chrome & 2 Applicators)

Christopher.Brown
08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
What about the V7 that is recommended with the blacklight? Would that be considered still just a sealant with the detailer?

Would you apply the V7 and then a spray wax still?

just finish with the V7 and yoll be good... if you apply it lightly once a week you should be all set with that combo

BakerzDuzin
08-06-2013, 12:06 PM
just finish with the V7 and yoll be good... if you apply it lightly once a week you should be all set with that combo

Thanks for the input. I thought it was way overkill too when I saw all they recommended on a new car. I guess I would see some difference, but not overall anything that noticeable compared to just doing the clay, black light and V7.

Christopher.Brown
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the input. I thought it was way overkill too when I saw all they recommended on a new car. I guess I would see some difference, but not overall anything that noticeable compared to just doing the clay, black light and V7.

well as always overkill is ok for the prep.. because its the foundation for any finish...

so im sure a light polish.. say with M205 wouldnt hurt anything :dblthumb2:

cleanmycorolla
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I on occasion apply a wax over Blacklight. Like CG 50/50 or Max Wax something like that. Just for kicks. Often, if I use blacklight I'll just do two coats and leave it alone though, really just depends. :)

gbrittenum
08-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Is there a longer lasting sealant that would be good for Toyota Blizzard Pearl paint? My wife's Highlander sits in the sun everyday so looking for the longest lasting protection.

Christopher.Brown
08-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Is there a longer lasting sealant that would be good for Toyota Blizzard Pearl paint? My wife's Highlander sits in the sun everyday so looking for the longest lasting protection.

Collinite 845 is pretty damn durable and bang for your buck.. plus a bottle will last a LONG time

BakerzDuzin
08-06-2013, 12:33 PM

I run into this on my highlander as well. I live in eastern NC and it is damn hot here. It's in the garage once it gets home, but get's enough sun in the 8 hours I'm at work to kill the paint.

I've also heard that two coats of black light work very well in place of a layer of separate wax. I guess what I should do is try both and see which I like the best.

Desertnate
08-06-2013, 02:03 PM

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but have you considered Klasse All-In-One topped with Klasse Sealant Glaze?

I've been using this combo for roughly nine years or so (I know...no imagination) on my daily drivers and have never been disapointed. The shine is fantastic, it's really easy to apply, and I've had cars still gleaming and beading water after six months of mid-west winter. You use so little on each application, a bottle will last a long, long, time.

One application of the AIO teamed up with one coat of the SG lasts a really long time. If you were to layer the SG you might strech it beyond six months.

Christopher.Brown
08-06-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but have you considered Klasse All-In-One topped with Klasse Sealant Glaze?

I've been using this combo for roughly nine years or so (I know...no imagination) on my daily drivers and have never been disapointed. The shine is fantastic, it's really easy to apply, and I've had cars still gleaming and beading water after six months of mid-west winter. You use so little on each application, a bottle will last a long, long, time.

One application of the AIO teamed up with one coat of the SG lasts a really long time. If you were to layer the SG you might strech it beyond six months.

:iagree:

the twins are known for this

silverfox
08-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Perfect combo is BL then wax then wipe down with V7 last, and after every wash henceforth.

gbrittenum
08-06-2013, 03:23 PM
I have both Klasse products to test. So I will definitely do that.

What is v7?