PDA

View Full Version : learning early

danieledwards12
08-05-2013, 06:51 PM
i live two hours from my family. im a big time family guy so it kills me not to get to be with my family. i go home allot on the weekends. i always take my detailing bag with me when i go home and i detail my mom, dad, and sisters vehicles while im their. i have a 3 year old nephew who stays outside with me while i am doing the vehicles. he gets one of my MF towels and says "i want to help Dan-Dan". thats what he calls me. then he will take his towel and "help" me. he wants to do everything i do, and i am not going to stop him from "helping" me because mabe one day he will remember helping his uncle dan detail and he will have that same passion with his own truck. i have 3 passions in my life and if i can teach him about those three things i will be happy. those passions are Jesus, duck hunting, and detailing. but of those three things if he has a passion to live for Jesus Christ then that is the most important thing in the world.

sorry to take up your time with this, it was just on my mind this evening and i wanted to share..

TopThatDetail
08-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Not taking up nobody's time great post and enjoy that time with your family, my 4yr old daughter helps me clean my cars and its our special bonding time. I would have to agree with your passions as they are mine as well plus football :xyxthumbs:

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

mwoolfso
08-05-2013, 10:19 PM
What a nice thing to say. We need more of you in this world. Enjoy those times!!!

hernandez.art13
08-06-2013, 12:28 AM
I was the 3yr old (back then)

Great thread!

lunchboxmunchy
08-06-2013, 02:34 AM
My son is almost 3, 27 September, he LOVES helping me detail the cars & trucks. He refers to everything as a "race car".

01GreyStangGT
08-06-2013, 10:28 AM
My son liked to help me detail until he was about 13.

greatwhitenorth
08-06-2013, 10:31 AM
My 3 year old daughter helps scrub my wheels with a paintbrush while I wash the rest of the truck :)

ken tuep
08-06-2013, 10:32 AM
My 5&9 year old sons both help me. One is really good at statement cleaning the mats, and the other loves cleaning the wheels. They've even both used my polishers on occasion ( on mama's car!).

Enjoy the time with them, they grow up fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

hernandez.art13
08-06-2013, 11:19 AM
When i first got my Detailing gig, my Dad had me working 40 hours a week plus Saturday's.

He paid me $150, I learned that he did that to make me dislike it lol