PDA

View Full Version : Good threads to read when starting out?

iMuf
08-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Hey everyone, so withing the last few months or so I have decided to start up a detailing business. I'm 20 going on 21 and I have just grown tired of working for someone, I currently work in the retail world and I can not stand it one bit. I'm in the research and learning phase right now. I recently bought Mike Phillips' book as well as Renny Doyle's book. I never was big into reading, but I have to say that I read both books from cover to cover and I feel like I could even go back and read them again. Absolutely amazing books with tons of information. My question is, what are some really good threads on here that people really recommend reading that have a lot of info. I have read several of Mike's threads about branding, choosing a name, etc. Are there any others that you guys would recommend reading? Thanks for the help in advance.

Evan.J
08-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Everything that's here!

Mike has made a great area of all his work and how to's and general detailing info.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html

Do not just limit yourself to these threads search topics that you can think of as well and read through them. There is so much info on this site to read up on.

BillE
08-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Not only Mike's articles, but ALL of his videos too.

Just remember, one can only learn so much by readin' and watchin', it will take a bit of actually 'doing it' to fully grasp 'it.'

As has been stated many times (oh, so many times), we ain't doing rocket science, so don't over think the process.

Go out and ENJOY!

Bill