PDA

View Full Version : New Addict Joining the Group

Desertnate
08-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Hello all.

Yet another newbee joinging the group.

I've lurked for months and plowed through hundreds of posts and video's. Thank you all who contribute here. I've learned so much from you all.

I'm not a pro, just another gear head who loves his cars and takes pride in keeping them like new (or better) for as long as possible.

I became interested in detailing nearly 10 years ago after buying a BMW and talking to other owners about how they kept their cars looking so good. Back then One Grand Blitz Wax and 3M Sealant Glaze was the rage along with Zaino and Klasse. After realizing how short the life span on the Blitz was, I turned to Klasse and never looked back...actually I haven't had a choice as I'm still trying to find the bottom of the original bottles nearly eight years later!

All that time I thought I was detailing the exterior, but I was wrong. It wasn't until a few weeks ago when I quit doing all the work by hand and started using a DA polisher that the fun really began.

My daughter drives a long-neglected '99 Subaru that I decided to spruce up when she starts commuting to college. It was swirled, oxidized, scuffed, stained...you name it. After a day with the DA along with Meguire's UC and UP the car looked almost knew. I toped it all with some old Meguires Deep Crystal wax I had on hand was shocked by the results. They were far better than I was hoping.

Now I can't hardly wait to do my other two cars.

And so it begins...

Klasse Act
08-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard, I see your a Klasse user and you said your still looking to find the bottom of the bottle, how much do you have left? The reason I ask is because its really 8 yrs old its the old formula and I heard they had to change something to become VOC compliant. Not sure what that "really" did to the formula but I suspect its better.

So if you'd like to trade the remaining supply (decent amount anyways) drop me a PM and maybe I can trade you some products I have for the old KSG. Speaking of that, do you have Klasse All in One too and or both?

Once again, welcome!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
08-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Welcome to AGO from Las Vegas.

Meghan
08-06-2013, 08:50 AM
:welcome:

GS2011
08-06-2013, 08:57 AM
:welcome:

greatwhitenorth