PDA

View Full Version : Which wolfgang product did I get??

parttimer
08-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Placed an order during the sale a few weeks ago. Wanted to get some Black Diamond Tire get so I ordered up a gallon. It arrived and I opened the jug like a kid on Christmas day to see this offwhite liquid. Oh there is a sticker, shake well. So I shake and shake and shake and finally pour it into my squeeze bottle. Pours just like water. No gel look or feel. Let the squeeze bottle sit and the product separates. A dark brownish on the bottom and white on the top. Finally went to use it yeterday and I shake and shake and shake and squirt some on my tire swipe. Squirts just like water. Looked online and found someoen tested it, showed him squirting it on a tire swipe, totally different looking product. I'm kinda worried now since I bought a gallon of pad cleaning and pad conditioning. How do i know what I got? I called and spoke with a sales person who checked with support who said the "consitency" may vary, but there is no consistency, its water. Ideas?? It has a good smell to it though! The tires shined up ok but to use the product is a pain unless I apply it with a sponge.

Dr_Pain
08-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Placed an order during the sale a few weeks ago. Wanted to get some Black Diamond Tire get so I ordered up a gallon. It arrived and I opened the jug like a kid on Christmas day to see this offwhite liquid. Oh there is a sticker, shake well. So I shake and shake and shake and finally pour it into my squeeze bottle. Pours just like water. No gel look or feel. Let the squeeze bottle sit and the product separates. A dark brownish on the bottom and white on the top. Finally went to use it yeterday and I shake and shake and shake and squirt some on my tire swipe. Squirts just like water. Looked online and found someoen tested it, showed him squirting it on a tire swipe, totally different looking product. I'm kinda worried now since I bought a gallon of pad cleaning and pad conditioning. How do i know what I got? I called and spoke with a sales person who checked with support who said the "consitency" may vary, but there is no consistency, its water. Ideas?? It has a good smell to it though! The tires shined up ok but to use the product is a pain unless I apply it with a sponge.

You got the tire dressing rather than the gel. Call or email AG and they will take care of you. I am in the same boat. I ordered some Black Onyx tire gel and got the dressing. No biggy. I will get to use it at some point. I just emailed Penny and I am sure she will "hook me up"

Nick McKees37
08-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Black Diamond Tire Gel is not and has never been a thick gel.

I just checked our stock and it was all pretty thin, as it should be.

There's nothing wrong with the product you received. Enjoy it! :props:

spiralout462
08-05-2013, 10:05 PM
I was rather suprised at how thin my Blackfire Total Eclipse Tire Gel is. I have gotten used to it however and am very pleased with the results. I would call it a thin lotion instead of water but certainately not "gel" like.

parttimer
08-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Here is a picture incase anyone is wondering. I guess I need to get a different type of tire swipe since the ones I have aren't "spongy!"

stilltipping3
08-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Almost all detail product distributors will fix any problem you have. Just call them and be nice and courteous and talk with them. You will probably get what u ordered in a few days. Its not worth the bad publicity to them not to give u a product that would make u happy.

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Black Diamond Tire Gel is not and has never been a thick gel.

I shouldn't be advertised as any type of gel. The stuff looks like water. Very misleading.

Nick McKees37
08-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Here is a picture incase anyone is wondering. I guess I need to get a different type of tire swipe since the ones I have aren't "spongy!"

That's normal - shake it well before use.

I shouldn't be advertised as any type of gel. The stuff looks like water. Very misleading.

If the only thing you can nit pick about the product is the name, we're doing pretty good. :dblthumb2:

------------------

Very few tire gels are actually thick gels, and that's for a reason: ease of application. Every car care product is formulated to be a certain viscosity for a reason.

parttimer
08-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Okie doke, thanks for the help then. Ill try a different swipe, thanks again!!

WRAPT C5Z06
08-06-2013, 10:04 AM
If the only thing you can nit pick about the product is the name, we're doing pretty good. :dblthumb2:

I've tried a sample of this stuff and it can roll right off the applicator. Way too thin. Tire dressing? OK. To be advertised as a gel? Not OK. JMO.

I'd classify DP Tire Gloss as a "gel".