PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for detailing a van with challenges.

Disconnected
08-05-2013, 08:39 AM
In Florida, inherited a Black 2007 Chrysler Town and Country.
My father-in-law was elderly and lived down dirt roads, so the car is covered in red clay like dust.
His idea of washing was Meguiar's Gold Class and a bath towel.
There are lots of swirl marks, mostly on the hood, since it is easy to access and the dirtiest from driving down the dirt roads.
My wife ran it threw a touchless car wash and it has sat for nine months.
Now it is my problem.

How should I proceed?

I have purchased a dozen Cobra Jr. 600g/m2 microfiber towels along with a Cobra Guzzler HD, along with a Fine Speedy Prep Towel.

I am leaning towards a waterless wash system, like Garry Dean demonstrates. The products I am considering are Optimum NRWW and Ultra WW+, possibly Garry's IUDJ. In Florida, so I want to avoid taxes.

Also leaning towards a PC 7424XP from Amazon, M105 and M205 since I watched Junkman's videos. But I am open to other products by Blackfire, Menzerna, and others.

Thank you for your help.

CCC4me
08-05-2013, 10:33 AM
At this point (for correction), I don't think a WW would be of any benefit. In fact, I'd rather use a soap that's too strong for weekly washing (like Dawn) to strip contaminants off the paint. You can use WW afterwards to maintain it.

105 and 205 work great, also check the DAMF system as it is easier to use. Don't forget to check out the Harbor Freight DA as it will not only be less than half the cost of the PC, it actually performs better as long as you change the backing plate (the DAMF system comes with one anyways).