PDA

View Full Version : Pc xp

jbjwallace
08-04-2013, 09:41 PM
When did the XP version arrive (year) 2 OR 3 YRS OLD? OR

BillE
08-05-2013, 07:29 AM
Maybe an inquiry to PC?

I've had mine for (let me think), 4-5 years now.

Bill

jbjwallace
08-05-2013, 09:24 AM
thanks, I have one(of some version) in Buckey,AZ that I bought new anout2+ years ago. Not there to see what it is.

I have bought a GG6 and a HF within the last 3 wks,have only used the GG6 one time going to use HF w/ 5" backing today.

BillE
08-06-2013, 07:46 AM
I e-mailed them yesterday asking 'the question'...just waiting for an answer now. You piqued my interest also.

Bill

Mike Phillips
08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
It was introduced in the spring of 2009

Autogeek was one of the first company's to get shipments and Meghan sent me one as soon as they arrived.

:xyxthumbs:

jbjwallace
08-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks

Mike Phillips
08-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Thanks

No problemo...

Don't know if it's a good thing to remember the history behind everything we talk about in the detailing world but it does come in handy.

:D

BillE
08-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Wellll, Mike beat me to the punch (LOL).

But here is what I got back from PC:

Bill, Porter Cable appreciates your business. The Porter Cable 7424XP grinder was launched approximately 2008.

In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email.

Thank you,

Porter Cable Customer Care

From the way the reply is worded (the word-approximate). I'll stick with Mike's answer, he was there.

Bill

Mike Phillips
08-07-2013, 07:18 AM
Wellll, Mike beat me to the punch (LOL).

But here is what I got back from PC:

Bill, Porter Cable appreciates your business. The Porter Cable 7424XP grinder was launched approximately 2008.

In case this email does not fully answer your question, or you would like to contact us for any reason, simply reply to this email.

Thank you,

Porter Cable Customer Care
From the way the reply is worded. I stick with Mike's answer, he was there.

Bill

It could have been launched in 2008 at a trade show like SEMA or a similar tool show. I was in the process of leaving Meguiar's and moving from SoCal to Florida and before I left Autogeek was just getting in the "NEW" version of the Porter Cable polisher, so that had to be around May or June of 2009.

A product can be launched but shipping and delivery of the product can be months down the road.

:D