PDA

View Full Version : Trim product preferences

Pages : [1] 2

lunchboxmunchy
08-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Hey Geeks. What's everyone's preference for dressing and/or restoring the trim? I have used a few OTC products, but they are pretty "cheap". They don't work very well. I have been looking around AG and there is a HUGE variety of different products to use. I know that I can use trim paint and redo them, but i'm not doing that on a client's vehicle. Thanks for any input.
Feed back please

mpkav
08-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Ultima tire and trim guard plus. Best I have used so far!!! It holds up great over time and there's no running in the rain. KCCO

rjd598
08-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Auto finesse revive. Seriously such a great product. Only little of product is needed and it leaves the trim in the perfect look with real durability

Old Tiger
08-04-2013, 05:10 AM
CarPro D-LUX is a permanent coating that works great. For conventional cant beat Ultima.

BobbyG
08-04-2013, 05:34 AM
CarPro D-LUX is a permanent coating that works great. For conventional cant beat Ultima.

Jim, I couldn't agree more! :props:

Old Tiger
08-04-2013, 08:27 AM
Jim, I couldn't agree more! :props:
Bobby,
Us old farts got to stick together!

Eandras
08-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Poorboy's trim restore. A lot goes a long way.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing:

Andy B. Cool
08-04-2013, 09:18 AM
armor all is the best

bootstrap
08-04-2013, 09:23 AM
Really like CG natural shine

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

StoneRaizer
08-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Ultima Trim and Tire Guard Plus (UTTG+) (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html) Expensive for a trim product, but well worth it. Finish isn't greasy or oily, not too shiny, lasts for several weeks, doesn't smell terrible. Comes with its own applicator that's very comfortable to use. Highly recommended.

CEEDOG (Corey) has mentioned UTTG+ in many of his excellent posts. Here are a couple:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/48890-ultima-clearly-different-what-makes-so.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/37964-review-wolfgang-exterior-trim-sealant.html

I haven't used D-Lux or any other permanent coatings.

PA DETAILER
08-04-2013, 09:59 AM
i have good luck with CG new look trim gel.

greatwhitenorth
08-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Poorboy's trim restore. A lot goes a long way.

Ed

:autowash: :buffing:

I just started using this and a little does go a long way! I just got a new bottle, treated an entire jeep wrangler and the bottle still looks new.
The result looks great, it's nice and dark black, not greasy looking at all.
It's too early for me to say about durability maybe someone else can chime in.

ski2
08-04-2013, 12:06 PM
My 07 Passat wagon has pebble finish black trim all around the bottom of the car and it's a PIA to take care of. I followed the lead of a respected detailer at another site and took a different approach to keep things easy and simple.

Cleaned everything (and I mean everything) off the trim with HD Orange Degreaser--took 2 applications at 4:1 with a soft scrub brush--rinsed and dried--then applied a coat of DG 105 (I think any pure sealant that doesn't stain trim would work) -- let it dry then buffed off--looks like new. Every now and then hit it with some DG Fast Clean and Shine (any QD without wax would work). Works great and easy to do.

tnxm42
08-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Chemical guys V.R.P I really like, I have tire and Trim restorer just doesn't get used much. I need to pull it out again and try it

IAtegeler
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
I like optibond tire gel for just a quick touch up after a wash. I also have the CG trim gel and it works great