PDA

View Full Version : Bucket preferences

Pages : [1] 2

lunchboxmunchy
08-04-2013, 02:40 AM
Hey Geeks. I'm in the market for a new bucket setup. I am currently using a "Lowes" bucket with a Grit Guard. I have been looking into the Griot's Garage bucket. It is rectangular, holds 6 gallons, built in grit guard, built in measuring cup, handle and lid. It's pretty nice. Just curious as to what everyone uses and has had experience with. Thanks.

Harry Da Hamster
08-04-2013, 03:22 AM
The Griots bucket looks great but i wish there was a divider in the middle for the two bucket method. I don't need 6 gallons of car wash solution. But i do like the built in measuring cup and the shelf.

I use two 3gal Home Depot Buckets and two grit guards and it's fine for me.

lunchboxmunchy
08-04-2013, 03:36 AM
The Griots bucket looks great but i wish there was a divider in the middle for the two bucket method. I don't need 6 gallons of car wash solution. But i do like the built in measuring cup and the shelf.

I use two 3gal Home Depot Buckets and two grit guards and it's fine for me.

I personally don't do the two bucket method, even though I should. I jus never got around to doing it.

Keep Calm & Chive On

Bunky
08-04-2013, 05:08 AM
You can use the Home Depot buckets (capacity 5 gallons) although I never use more than 4 gallons. They work fine. The two bucket method does not any more effort than using one bucket except for adding water to the second bucket.

BobbyG
08-04-2013, 05:38 AM
About 4 gallons of water here too.

I like a lighter color bucket as it helps me see how dirty the water is and anything else that possibly got in there...

sproketser
08-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Use 2 buckets from Home Depot with Grit Guard here as well .

sahrcar
08-04-2013, 08:16 AM
I get the leftover buckets from the pool cleaners. The buckets come with a click locked water sealed lid and since they are about almost 7 gal they are a good height for a seat as well when polishing the side panels! Find the right guy and you can get them for free!

Klasse Act
08-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I have an old Pep Boys 5 gallon w/ a yellow grit guard, that ones for rinse water and a white one from Hone Depot w/ measurements on the side, that ones for mixing in the rinseless wash, blue grit guard for that one.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

swanicyouth
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I use an Ace Hardware bucket for wash, just because its white and I can see dirt. A grey Lowes bucket for rinse. And, a red Pep Boys bucket for wheels.

The Griots bucket looks nice, but its just not practical for 2BM, and too big for GDWM.

I hate the orange HD buckets just because they are ugly.

DaGonz
08-04-2013, 09:58 AM
I get plenty of empty 5 gallon buckets from the State Fire Academy... the dry chemical that it is used in the 30 pound Class ABC extinguishers is packaged in them!

PA DETAILER
08-04-2013, 10:02 AM
i do have the griots bucket. and i will confess, LOVE IT! bought it on a splurge, but once it arrived and i saw the quality, i was not sorry.

hernandez.art13
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
I have 3 Buckets, I always designate the black bucket for wheels and tires... Lol :D

Off topic: my car will need an oil change in about 800 miles and I am thinking of cleaning the engine before I take it to get her oil change... Lol (I also have a guy that takes care of my mechanic work)

StoneRaizer
08-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Three white Canadian Tire buckets. Two have a red logo, one black. Red Grit Guards for the red buckets, empty for the black - that's for wheels and tires. ;)

Real Riders
08-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I will be working for car dealers washing the cars on the lot so I went with the AutoGeek two bucket washing system with the grit guards and diamond plate connector, and it works great

Marc

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/RealRiders2006/100_04571_zps5e66b43c.jpg (http://s118.photobucket.com/user/RealRiders2006/media/100_04571_zps5e66b43c.jpg.html)

Chevota Guy
08-04-2013, 08:32 PM
I recycled the white 5 gal buckets from Kelly-Moore latex paint when I painted my house. I put Gamma sealing, twist-on lids on them from HD and just got a couple of grid guards.

This setup is great and I can stack the buckets and keep the insides clean between washes. Used a sharpie to label 1 for wash, 2 for rinse.