PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DGLSS over wax

lineman
08-03-2013, 07:17 PM
I have 2 coats of Deep Gloss Liquid Seal (Spray) on the car followed with Souveran spray wax. Conventional thinking is that you can't put a sealant over wax. However, every now and then someone will post that you can put DGLSS over wax. My car is in great shape and I wanted to put on another coat of DGLSS but I don't want to strip the car to do it. Can I or not?

TundraPower
08-03-2013, 07:33 PM
In my opinion any sealant over any wax is a no-no.

MarkD51
08-03-2013, 07:40 PM
I have 2 coats of Deep Gloss Liquid Seal (Spray) on the car followed with Souveran spray wax. Conventional thinking is that you can't put a sealant over wax. However, every now and then someone will post that you can put DGLSS over wax. My car is in great shape and I wanted to put on another coat of DGLSS but I don't want to strip the car to do it. Can I or not?

Bucking the wave of the naysayers, you can probably put anything over anything, and get some form of pleasing results.

You can put WGDGLS over Collinite, get a shine, and a newfound gloss, you can put aquawax over anything, a sealant, looks are good.

If your the type of person who takes good care of their vehicle, then go for it, try a small area, you like it, carry on Montague!

I would say as far as LSP's, coating, sealants, waxes, you'll most likely incur little harm. just won't get optimum final results.

In such cases, does it then really matter whether you get 6 weeks protection, or 3 months protection from any particular "regular" product

So many people, with $200K plus vehicles, are too damn lazy to even empty the ashtrays, let alone concern themselves over car care..

As long as you're happy with the final results, the time and money you spent, that's really all that matters.

I think too many times, we overthink some products, and have too high expectations.
Nothing is perfect.

RMM
08-03-2013, 08:57 PM
If you aren't concerned about durability, go for it. Otherwise, don't do it: sealants only bond properly to bare paint (maximum durability) or to a product that was designed to be a foundation for a sealant (same family glaze, for instance). A wax will never be such a product.