PDA

View Full Version : How to choose a good a economic polish

MawiPR
08-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Wich you guya recomend for me sense your are all experience people, im trying to decide with the V-line thats from CG, P-XMT (some one recomend me that one or the Poor guys line; it would be my first buy sense im new to this detailing and you are more experience with them plis let me know your opinions i have a 2012 Scion Xb with light swrils and watermarks on the paint thank you in advance ;)

silverfox
08-03-2013, 10:25 AM
You can get the whole V series sample pack from CG for $20. That covers just about anything you will need from heavy compounding to finishing.

At 4 oz ea, that's mor than enough to figure out if you like them. You can't go wrong for $20.

jmfp
08-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Meguiars ultimate polish is a great polish. Its only like $7 for a bottle at Walmart or many auto supply stores.

MawiPR
08-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Thank you a lot guys :) but the sample kit would be like only the hood to try it out right ?

I hear Meg 105 and 205 are good amd everything but i dont know if my paint will be soft or hard sence is not a fancy car is just my Scion xb dont know if thats a problem or not let me know guys pleas ;)

VP Mark
08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank you a lot guys :) but the sample kit would be like only the hood to try it out right ?

I hear Meg 105 and 205 are good amd everything but i dont know if my paint will be soft or hard sence is not a fancy car is just my Scion xb dont know if thats a problem or not let me know guys pleas ;)

In my experience most Japanese models are pretty soft.

MawiPR
08-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Thank you for the reply ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

wdmaccord
08-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Keep in mind, when you say "economical" you also want to look at the price per use. A bottle of Megs UC might get me through 5-6 cars so about $1 per car. My 16 oz. bottle of BF TPnS or BF WDAFPP might last me 12-15 cars. Some products that are expensive work best when using very little so the price per use/car isn't that bad even though the upfront cost seems like a lot.

If you only have one car that you might compound/polish 1-2 times per year, then something like Megs Ultimate Compound and Megs Ultimate Polish might be good options as each bottle would probably last a couple years.