PDA

View Full Version : needing help?

Mr cleen 31
08-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Ok first off i have 01 dodge caravan and ive done what i think can be done to remove yellow and cracking head-light lens. I dont know if its the product im using or what but it keeps coming back and im too the point where i want to go out and buy new lens

hernandez.art13
08-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Post pictures IMO (I could be wrong)

BobbyG
08-03-2013, 06:13 AM
If the headlight lens is cracked, it's possible moisture is getting on the inside of the lens causing more issues than what your correcting on the exterior.

It might be time for a new lens....

Andy B. Cool
08-03-2013, 11:07 AM
It's my opinion that when you sand and buff a lens you need to seal it with a permanent coating like opti lens. Any other wax like products will actually speed up the process of degradation, because it absorbs the elements and a true chemically bonding sealers, seal them out.

davidc
08-03-2013, 11:23 AM
It's my opinion that when you sand and buff a lens you need to seal it with a permanent coating like opti lens. Any other wax like products will actually speed up the process of degradation, because it absorbs the elements and a true chemically bonding sealers, seal them out.

Only problem is the verdict on Opti-Lens is not in yet. I posted questions on Opti-Lens and received no replies. There is another post about Opti-lens yellowing after 90 days. I have had to clean the household vehicles quite often. Wolfgang plastic sealant did not really help. The last time I used DG Plastic Polish which cleaned them very well and applied 601/105 as it seems to work as good as anything else and sometimes better. I sure miss glass headlights.

Dave