PDA

View Full Version : Question for DG users / pros

maverick13
08-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Another DG question

After doing my new vehicle with CQuartz and Reload, I decided to detail three of our families older vehicles using Duragloss

The first we had bought used and had swirls / scratches so I polished with FG400.

The second had no real swirls but some minor scratches in a few areas. It had been well cared for using a variety of Zaino products over the years. I spot polished the few problem areas with FG 400

The third was in good shape so no polishing was done

On all three, I used 501/601 followed by 105/601. They all look good. The first looks the best, which is likely due to the full machine polish I did plus the color of paint - a metallic tan - the DG makes it pop.

The other two cars are a darker gray. While I am happy with the results, the shine does not pop as much. My question is - I know people use Aquawax as a topper. i still have several Zaino products - Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray, Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal, Z-CS Clear Seal, Can I use any of these products on top of my DG regimen on the two gray cars to get the shine I am used to?

If so - which ones? And will it impact the longevity or dirt shedding capability of DG?

PS - yes, I know I probably could have gotten better results if I machine polished the other two cars - but I am not a pro and was not looking for perfection. Just wanted decent, longer lasting protection with a good shine

Thanks

Dogfather
08-03-2013, 03:12 AM
Z-8 should turn it up a notch.

davidc
08-03-2013, 07:38 AM
I also have a lot of Zaino products and use them over DG coated vehicles once in a while with no ill effects. The ZCS should help extend the longevity and amp the looks slightly. I have also used Optj-seal over DG.

Dave

maverick13
08-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Ok, great - thanks