PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang DGPS vs XMT 360

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I know the Wolfgang is probably better, but I what about for a white car? I am going to do my brothers Accord which is a couple years old and in really good shape, he takes good care of it. What I was thinking was I would use some of the XMT line like maybe 3 and then 1, or just XMT 1, and then finish with XMT 360 instead of using the Wolfgang. From the sounds of it, it would be a waste to use Wolfgang DGPS on a white car? I would probably get the same results using the XMT 360? I really don't want to waste product, especially Wolfgang and Pinnacle Souv, so I think that stuff should be reserved for dark metallics only? I know I can top the XMT 360 with Wolfgang but on a white car is that really necesarry?

Mike T
06-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Well I think DGPS would look good on a white car. 360 is more of a polish with sealant properties. I don't think it has the same durability as DGPS. I can't tell you the durability of 360 because I topped mine with DGPS.

tod071
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
If the car's in good shape, you may skip the XMT3/XMT1 and just use the XMT360 to polish. Follow that with DGPS, then top with PS. Or vice versa, skip the XMT360 and use the XMT3/1 combo, DGPS, PS.

I just used the XMT360 for the 1st time yesterday and it cleans pretty well. It also leaves a good LSP ready shine. DGPS would just add to the depth and gloss.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, DGPS is purely a sealant with no cleaning properties.