want to give it a try. I have an 07 Lexus (dark metalic red) with very minor
micro maring from washing. Which Menzerna product (polish?) would be best
for my ride?

TIA,
Wayne

Nica
06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Hey it's my Lexus bro! :D

My opinion/suggestion would be 106FF with a white pad will take care of the minor micromaring. By the way Toyota/Lexus vehicles (at least mine does and some of my friends vehicles too) seem to have a soft clear coat, so go really light first. The reason I recommend 106FF is because 106FF can remove lots of swirls becuase you can use it with different pads and achive incredable results.....but that's just me.

You could also use 85RD with a white pad too, another incredable product.

Menzerna = all good baby :D

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 12:18 PM
I have the same question, and from the looks of it I am thinking I will get some Final Polish. I have a brand new Acadia Carbon Metallic color so I am thinking about trying to final polish, topped with Wolfgang DGPS, then topped with Pinnacle Souv Paste. I think we are in the same boat, I would think the Final Polish is what you want to use. But let's wait to hear from the pros, I am certainly not a pro.

Nica
06-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm no pro, just trial and error hehehe :D

But Final Polish will remove minor defects but it's more of a product to jewel the paint. Final Polish makes the paint come to life, incredable product. I have never used Final Polish to remove imperfections but I don knot it can...alittle. I do know that 106FF and 85RD will remove minor imperfections and they are both pad dependent.

Well like I said that's just me and Nica = no pro, just a rookie :D

Red350
06-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Thank you Nica, fellow Lexus brother!
My past winning combo has been:
Klasse AIO
Wolfgang DGPS
Pin Sov

I'm going to start with the Menzerna this time.
Uh Oh, time for another order:o

tod071
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Good thread for the Lexus family. I have an 06 Neptune Blue Mica RX400h and have recently noticed a few scratches. I was going to use IP, but just picked up some 106FF so I think I'll use that. Unless someone else thinks otherwise.

After using Menz products, I have to agree with Nica, they've got some good powerful stuff.

Wayne, if you haven't already, you might want to clay before polish. Cleans the paint and gives you a nice smooth surface to work with. It actually brightened my paint after I got it from the stealership.

supercharged
06-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I have been reading a lot of great feedback about Menzerna products and
want to give it a try. I have an 07 Lexus (dark metalic red) with very minor
micro maring from washing. Which Menzerna product (polish?) would be best
for my ride?

TIA,
Wayne
Knowing how soft Lexus/Toyota paint is, I'd just stick with Final Polish, or Micro Polish. PO106FF is nice, but is a little too much for this soft clear coat.

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Knowing how soft Lexus/Toyota paint is, I'd just stick with Final Polish, or Micro Polish. PO106FF is nice, but is a little too much for this soft clear coat.

Hey, I have a 2007 GMC Acadia that is new and basically got me into this intense detailing. Do you know anything about the clear coat on a GMC? Actually, whats the clear coat properties of all the big 4 companies? Just for personal knowledge, that's interesting. Or is there already a thread that talks about this?

supercharged
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey, I have a 2007 GMC Acadia that is new and basically got me into this intense detailing. Do you know anything about the clear coat on a GMC? Actually, whats the clear coat properties of all the big 4 companies? Just for personal knowledge, that's interesting. Or is there already a thread that talks about this?
All I actually know about it is that it's hard.

pawpaw
06-08-2007, 09:49 PM

Try this thread. I hope the link works, I think it copied right.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-university/6553-clear-coat-toughness.html

Darren F
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
how does it compare to the 3M Foam Polishing Pad Glaze or the Machine Glaze?...