PDA

View Full Version : Combining Products

pawpaw
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
As a new member I have read many posts on this forum. Everyone has their own preference of products, which is a good thing. I would like to get some feedback on combining products. Do you add a wax to wash, do you add products to common household products to make it better and/or faster to move to next step. Most seem to use one brand for washing, another brand for polish, another brand for waxing, etc.

Just real interesting to me how everyone goes about cleaning their cars in their own unique way.

By giving detailed steps and products used from start to finish may help other new members. So many posts ask what should I buy.

ScottB
06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I am no scientist and thus have no understanding of which chemicals are compatible nor incompatible with others. Thus mixing is a no-no to me personally. I will move between lines to find the best product in a category, but no adding nor deleting or mixing them.

Gary Sword
06-08-2007, 11:01 PM
I use a lot of different products from different lines but I'm also reluctant to start mixing different products together to try and come up with my own super product combo. I would rather leave that to the experts.

I did come with my secret formula for Sword's Super Suds with Nitro but that was just a joke. It worked great on my toy car.

wytstang
06-09-2007, 12:21 AM
I am no scientist and thus have no understanding of which chemicals are compatible nor incompatible with others. Thus mixing is a no-no to me personally. I will move between lines to find the best product in a category, but no adding nor deleting or mixing them.
I feel the same way I just don't want to find out the hard way. The only mixing I do is mixing Clearkotes Vanilla Moose Glaz and Clearkotes Red Machine Glaz to create "Pink Moose". Either then that I do not mix anything (on purpose).

RacerE7773
06-09-2007, 10:09 AM
I have several different brands, and have no problems with using them all. I use Simple Green to clean the tires, whatever brand of car soap to wash with (just bought a gallon of Muarry's store brand the other day along with their brand bug and tar remover spray), and have both Turtle Wax and Meguiars and Mothers waxes.:D