PDA

View Full Version : Single stage paint

96z28
08-01-2013, 04:48 PM
How easily should single stage paint transfer to a pad? I'm working on this old pickup. The owner stated it has a lacquer paint job on it. UC by hand showed no black on the pad. I'm suspecting its actually bc/cc. 20275

XSSIVE
08-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Single stage and lacquer don't mean the same thing. There is clear lacquer that can be used over lacquer color coats. Lacquer is just a type of paint and a vague term at that since there is acrylic lacquer, water based lacquer and nitrocellulose lacquer.

If you're getting no paint transfer it must have a clear. You can see paint transfer from single stage with just some quick rubbing by hand with nearly any polish or paint cleaner.

96z28
08-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Single stage and lacquer don't mean the same thing. There is clear lacquer that can be used over lacquer color coats. Lacquer is just a type of paint and a vague term at that since there is acrylic lacquer, water based lacquer and nitrocellulose lacquer.

If you're getting no paint transfer it must have a clear. You can see paint transfer from single stage with just some quick rubbing by hand with nearly any polish or paint cleaner.

Thanks. I think everything but the truck cab minus the doors has a clear on it. Strange. But thanks for leering me know a lacquer paint job can be cleared

BillE
08-02-2013, 06:36 AM
OT... NICE lookin' Ford!

Bill

rmagnus
08-02-2013, 02:59 PM
OT... NICE lookin' Ford!

Bill

+1 but I would want to be the one cleaning those wire wheels. Had twisted spokes on a Harley once and that was enough for me.

BillE
08-03-2013, 07:57 AM
+1 but I would want to be the one cleaning those wire wheels. Had twisted spokes on a Harley once and that was enough for me.

Ain't that the truth!

Bill
Semper Paratus

96z28
08-03-2013, 08:16 AM

They were not very fun to polish. It was really difficult to get inbetween all those spokes. I'm glad I don't have to clean them all the time. But the chrome sure does look good!