PDA

View Full Version : MY AG Shopping List-$300-350

MoreBoostPlease
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Who wants to help me spend $300-350. I'm looking to create an ultimate beginners package. Here's what I need:
The PC7424, a couple polishes to remove swirls and add gloss, a sealant/fine polish, a great carnauba for topping it all off, a nice big bundle of microfiber, a waffle weave drying towel, and some kind of pad cleaner/care kit.

Are there any other "must have" products that you guys have used....something that might get overlooked in my purchase??
Thanks!
I'll get my practice removing swirls on a 2000 Pathfinder(dark green) that has never seen wax... :-(

Grimm
06-08-2007, 09:05 AM
-Leather products for the seats if you have them
-An APC for cleaning plastic, carpet, etc.
-303 Protectant for dash and plastics
-Glass cleaner
-Claybar
-Wheel cleaner if you've got brake dust caked wheels.

Dust2Glory
06-08-2007, 10:57 AM
You need to add-

wash mit
grit guard bucket
XMT 360 for minor swirls
Liquid souveran for topper (or go with the paste version, liquid easier to apply)
Wolfgang Deep gloss sealant
Some type of quick spray detailer

MoreBoostPlease
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
You need to add-

wash mit
grit guard bucket
XMT 360 for minor swirls
Liquid souveran for topper (or go with the paste version, liquid easier to apply)
Wolfgang Deep gloss sealant
Some type of quick spray detailer
No Menzerna?

So would the process be XMT 360, then sealant, than souveran?

The cars were already clayyed(Zaino) before I put the Zaino Z2/Z5 on last month. I still have plenty of Z6(qd) and Meg's QD.

I do need a new washmit though...mine just ripped last night. Any recommendations? Also,..are there any cheaper versions of the grid guard bucket that function the same? $70 for a bucket is alot.

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey man, I just started putting together my collection, and I am already over $500 worth of stuff purchased in the past 2 weeks. You need to up that budget to like 600 bones my friend. You need some pinnacle souv carnouba and some wolfgang DGPS. I wish I would have seen this when I was buying my stuff, the Souveran Menzerna kit looks sweet! It has Menzerna Final Polish, Pinnacle Souveran Carnouba Paste Wax, and Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax, and a microfiber towel for 99bucks. That looks awesome, for a newer car! Right now I am about to buy some Menzerna Final Polish cause it sounds ultra sweet! I CAN'T STOP MYSELF MAN, GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PURCHASE BUT I AM AFRAID I WILL BE BANKRUPT AND LOSE MY WIFE, HOUSE, FAMILY AND LIVE ON THE STREETS WITH MY WAXES AND POLISHES WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE.

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 11:33 AM
O and I didnt waste money on the grit guard bucket thing. That's a waste, just spend your money on products you cant get at the local stores. You can make your own grit guard bucket system, just rinse off your wash mit with the hose then soap it up, works the same. The Schmitt glove is supposed to be real nice, I have one on the way right now!! Also there's some new glove out, I forget what its called, but AG just got it and people saying its nice, I am just getting a Schmitt White/Yellow glove and calling it a day.

MoreBoostPlease
06-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I might be buying a used pc and some optimum products from a member on here.

trl2112
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
DP makes some GREAT wheel and tire products, and AG has some nice DP "kits" for a great price. I really like the DP gloss tire gel.

DP Tire & Wheel Combo Limited Time Only! (http://www.autogeek.net/dptiwhcofcot.html)

Gnarboots11
06-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I used the DP Wheel Glaze on my polished aluminum wheel and it is pretty sweet. I wipe them off every few days with a MF towel and they look brand new freshly cleaned everytime. I am interested to see how they clean up with just water on a nozzle when I do a clean job next week. You should get that kit trl2112 has there. THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF MAN! YOU NEED IT ALL MAN.

Less
06-08-2007, 12:27 PM
I would get the following

Poorboy’s Porter Cable 7424 Polish & wax Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit.html) $260
Cobra Microfiber Towel Combo Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/mitoco.html) $60

And that is right in your budget. You'll probably need about another $30 - $50 to get yourself a bucket, wash mitt, wheel cleaner, drying towel, etc. You don't need to go crazy and get two buckets, two mitts, grit guards, and all that right now.

You're just starting, you need to ease yourself into it.

In a month or two, if you have $100 kickign around, then go for the grit guard, a good sealant, more towels, wheel glaze, and all that other stuff.

ScottB
06-08-2007, 10:38 PM
I would get the following

Poorboy’s Porter Cable 7424 Polish & wax Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/popoprkit.html) $260
Cobra Microfiber Towel Combo Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/mitoco.html) $60

And that is right in your budget. You'll probably need about another $30 - $50 to get yourself a bucket, wash mitt, wheel cleaner, drying towel, etc. You don't need to go crazy and get two buckets, two mitts, grit guards, and all that right now.

You're just starting, you need to ease yourself into it.

In a month or two, if you have $100 kickign around, then go for the grit guard, a good sealant, more towels, wheel glaze, and all that other stuff.

Less ... I like your thinking , nice package you designed !