PDA

View Full Version : Need recommend a WOWA sealant?

Pages : [1] 2 3

szjalo
08-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Hi guys,

I am in the process of finding a new wipe on walk away sealant (not coating). There are so many choices here, just wonder if you guys have some good suggestions on cheap and easy-to-use WOWA sealant?

right now optimum opti seal is on my top list. anyone used this before knows how long this will last? Is this sealant prone to sheet or bead water?

Also open to any other suggestions

Thanks a ton in advance

mwoolfso
08-01-2013, 05:38 AM
UPPG is working for me. :)

01GreyStangGT
08-01-2013, 05:44 AM
I like Crystal Seal pretty well.

Setec Astronomy
08-01-2013, 06:12 AM
They are all pretty similar and they will all work. There have been some comments that the Blackfire and Wolfgang products are a little "better" but that may be subjective. I'd look for which one is giving you the best price/oz. at the time you are ordering.

inDetail
08-01-2013, 06:25 AM
CG- M-Seal. Very easy. Wipe on let cure for 20 minutes and buff off. Do a second coat.
I never had a issue with it being finicky in different weather types. Always the same. Top with a good wax and I have reached 4-5 month range on outside cars.

GS2011
08-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal :xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
08-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I like BFCS because of how it looks and the fact that it flashes in 45 minutes!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

VP Mark
08-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Opti-Seal all the way. I have used this for years and it is amazing stuff. Very simply to use, flashes quickly, looks great.

If you have any sort of streaking of smudging issues it will be because you are simply using too much.

It will last 3-6 months, depending on if daily driven, garage kept, ect.

It will bead like a boss for a month or so, but if you don't "boost" it with QD's, proper wash, ect. like most sealants the beading won't be as tight after a while and it will begin to sheet.

Zackb911
08-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I have OptiSeal and really like it, haven't tried the competitors...

FUNX650
08-01-2013, 08:40 AM
It's not very often...but when I go the WOWA route:

Poli-Seal>>>Opti-Seal>>>OCWax>>>Car-wash/dry-sessions>>>OCWax.

Sometimes, though, I'd much rather just use a spray-wax...

:)

Bob

07gtcs
08-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Blackfire Crystal Seal and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal - both very good, easy to use and look fantastic.

cleanmycorolla
08-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Crystal Seal, Wolfgang Liquid Seal, or UPGP

Vegas Transplant
08-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Opti-Seal all the way...It will bead like a boss for a month or so, but if you don't "boost" it with QD's, proper wash, ect. like most sealants the beading won't be as tight after a while and it will begin to sheet.

+1.
Well said.

swanicyouth
08-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I've used the WG DGLS and find it very good and quite tough. I does last for months and can be just as hard to strip chemically as a regular sealant. Its the only try WOWA I've tried, but you can't go wrong with it. I believe WG also claims you can use it as a topper over wax, which I have done with pleasing results. Basically, I've been so happy with this product I haven't wanted to try anything else. What what I've read, WG DGLS may be a bit easier to use than some of the others.

Dodo Red Mist Tropical is marketed as a "protection detailer", but actually acts more like a WOWA. Looks and gloss are excellent. Nano Skin Hydro Express also acts like this, its a "spray polymer".

tuscarora dave
08-01-2013, 12:09 PM
When I tried UPGP I felt no need to try anything else. The only problem I have with UPGP is that it tends to destroy pump sprayers and leak out over the bottle onto my hands which is quite wasteful.

Does Opti-Seal do this at all?