PDA

View Full Version : Question on Cleaning Car Carpets

stemyx
08-01-2013, 01:54 AM
Hello autogeeks, I'm curious on how to clean car carpets by hand because I unfortunately do not have a steamer or extractor and i have a few questions:

1. What products do you use to achieve this job?

2. Is it okay to rinse the carpet with water and wait for it to dry?

3. Any tips or tricks on how to clean them more precisely?

I am more curious on my question if it is okay to rinse them with water because i don't want the carpets to stink or take forever to dry.

Thanks In Advance!Feed back please

Rsurfer
08-01-2013, 02:20 AM
Folex...agitate, blot with a white cotton towel and done.

jamesboyy
08-01-2013, 02:24 AM
i use resolve carpet cleaner or a Apc,you can hose down your removeable floor mats and set them to dry over night,if you have a shop vac then you can use a foaming carpet cleaner then vaccum it all up/ leaveing the carpet nearly dry

stemyx
08-01-2013, 02:34 AM
i use resolve carpet cleaner or a Apc,you can hose down your removeable floor mats and set them to dry over night,if you have a shop vac then you can use a foaming carpet cleaner then vaccum it all up/ leaveing the carpet nearly dry

Okay thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AG Online

BillE
08-01-2013, 06:36 AM

AGREE! That stuff is GREAAAAAAT (my apologies to Tony the Tiger).

As to 'hosing down' the carpets...DON"T! Remember you have both a carpet layer AND pad underneath. Get the pad wet, well, it will take forever to dry properly. Note, I'm saying carpets NOT carpeted mats (those come out).

Bill

MikeN
08-01-2013, 06:47 AM

If you are willing to spend about $100 pick up a green machine auto and use the Folex in there as well. But if not this process is still great on its own.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

stemyx
08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
If you are willing to spend about $100 pick up a green machine auto and use the Folex in there as well. But if not this process is still great on its own.

Interesting! I think I might get one.

MikeN
08-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Interesting! I think I might get one.

I got mine frim Amazon. Look for the auto version, it has a heater and a longer power cord and if my memory is correct it was cheaper then the regular green machine that offers less.

stemyx
08-01-2013, 10:15 PM
I got mine frim Amazon. Look for the auto version, it has a heater and a longer power cord and if my memory is correct it was cheaper then the regular green machine that offers less.

Oh thanks! I saw some reviews about it and its impressive!! :)