PDA

View Full Version : Wich one is better CG Hex Logic Pads or LC CCS Pads

MawiPR
07-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi this is my first post ever and sence i see sow manny nice poeple here i thought i could ask on your opinion wich one of those pads are better for a novice im trying to take care for my wifes and my new Scion xB 2012. Not a big deal of a car but they are our first ones. thank you all :)

goodinblack
07-31-2013, 09:15 PM
This is one of those that will come down to each persons personal preference.

I just ordered LC CSS the other day.

Been raining so I have not used them yet.

MawiPR
07-31-2013, 09:24 PM
Hey thanks for the reply and answer ;)

inDetail
07-31-2013, 10:49 PM
I use Hex Logic. I have used CCS in the past. I just prefer the Hex. It really is personal preference. I tend to be to get them with a discount coupon through email and they have 3 pad 5.5" kit with a "free" bottle of pad cleaner which works really well on foam. It got stains out of my 2 year old CCS pads.
The good thing is you can get a six pad choose your own pad pack of CCS from many retailers. It's a good deal and you pick what you want something CG does not offer.

dennis5_0
07-31-2013, 10:53 PM
I have both and if I were you I would get the LC pads. I have both and use them equally and the Hex logic pads are starting to come apart and fray on the outside edges. The LC pads still look like new, I will need to order some new pads soon and LC pads are the ones I will be ordering.

DennisIm the MAN

https://www.facebook.com/itsallinthedetailsfton?ref=hl :buffing:

MawiPR
08-01-2013, 04:17 AM
Thanks for all you're answers really I think ill be going for the LC CCS guys im from Puerto Rico and its impossible to find great people to ask questions like these thanks once again ;)

My first polisher im gonna buy is the 7424XP and LC CCS pas ill see wish swirl remover a polisher to buy afterwards sense im new to this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online

Mike Phillips
08-01-2013, 07:18 AM
Face design can be a lot of personal preference, the key important factor when choosing a pad for a dual action polisher of the Porter Cable "type" is pad thickness. Thin pad rotate better under pressure, on curves, and as they get wet than thick pads.

With any pad with a design to the face of it, you also need to inspect a little more than a flat pad to make sure there are not contaminants or dirt particles caught into the "design".

:)

goodinblack
08-01-2013, 07:41 AM
So Mike........

You are saying flat pads are better because of less risk of trapping containments?

dlc95
08-01-2013, 07:42 AM
I use Hex Logic. I have used CCS in the past. I just prefer the Hex. It really is personal preference. I tend to be to get them with a discount coupon through email and they have 3 pad 5.5" kit with a "free" bottle of pad cleaner which works really well on foam. It got stains out of my 2 year old CCS pads.
The good thing is you can get a six pad choose your own pad pack of CCS from many retailers. It's a good deal and you pick what you want something CG does not offer.

Same with me. I love the Hex Logic pads. The ability to buy one of those package deals, and bulk up on pads I'll use regularly.

MawiPR
08-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Thanj you Mike and to all of you in these subject I am more than happy for the active parts on these forum. As for the pad then I think im going to try the flat face pads from LC pads first to go with Mike's lines rhank you all have a nice day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AG Online