PDA

View Full Version : APC question

danieledwards12
07-31-2013, 08:56 PM
what is the main difference in an All Pourpose Cleaner you can find in the house hold cleaning supplies at walmart and a auto specific APC like meg's all pourpose cleaner?

inDetail
07-31-2013, 11:01 PM
In the end not that much. Many APC's by care care companies may have stronger cleaners and degreasers in them and may be geared towards wheels and engines where normal everyday general APC's are all around cleaners. You have more high end APC cleaners like Optimum Power Clean which I use on interiors. It's safe on every surface and cleans well but at $. I would never waste it on rims or a engine bay unless I'm working on a concours detail. I only do a few a year for 3-4 clients.

The best you can get anywhere APC IMO, Purple Power. It's cheap. I picked up a gallon at Advanced Auto for $15. I use it for everything: work clothes, scrubbing the litter boxes, pre soak for MF towels, engine bay, wheel wells, light soiled rims and the best part it's bio degradable. It works on everything

rjd598
07-31-2013, 11:43 PM
In the end not that much. Many APC's by care care companies may have stronger cleaners and degreasers in them and may be geared towards wheels and engines where normal everyday general APC's are all around cleaners. You have more high end APC cleaners like Optimum Power Clean which I use on interiors. It's safe on every surface and cleans well but at $. I would never waste it on rims or a engine bay unless I'm working on a concours detail. I only do a few a year for 3-4 clients.

The best you can get anywhere APC IMO, Purple Power. It's cheap. I picked up a gallon at Advanced Auto for $15. I use it for everything: work clothes, scrubbing the litter boxes, pre soak for MF towels, engine bay, wheel wells, light soiled rims and the best part it's bio degradable. It works on everything

What's your dilution ratio for parts on the car

inDetail
08-01-2013, 06:18 AM
Optimum Power Clean- 3:1 or full strength for engine and wheels. I always test at 3:1 on leather I have not had a problem with it.

Purple Power as directed on the bottle- full strength on engines and wheels and I keep a bottle of 20:1 for general cleaning. Then guesstimate just about everything else. It's not a strong caustic cleaner. It does not make you cough when you smell it.