PDA

View Full Version : Best car wash soap

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

killrflake
06-07-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm looking for some imput on car washing soaps. The area of NJ I live in has real hard water and not all soaps foam up well in hard water. The ones you find in stores, turtle wax, McGuires gold etc. just don't get the job done. Even Zaino's car wash was pretty good but I feel there must be a product at AG that is really good for kicking up suds in hard water, and isn't as pricey as Zaino. Zaino does make the water slipery but the suds don't last. Any sugjestions will be appreciated. Being able to buy it in gal. size would be great. Feed back please

Surfer
06-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Duragloss 901 and Poorboys SSS

Jimmie
06-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Duragloss 901 and Poorboys SSS

:iagree: ^

Nimble
06-07-2007, 11:20 PM
3rd'ed

wytstang
06-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Better yet an in line filter to help you out overall.
Total Filter Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/waterfilterkit2.html)
Duragloss 901 can be found localy (carquest, Parks Auto) so you can try that first. If that doesn't suds up enough for you (from what I have read) PB SSS might not be much better (*might not*).

DavidJ021
06-08-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm looking for some imput on car washing soaps. The area of NJ I live in has real hard water and not all soaps foam up well in hard water. The ones you find in stores, turtle wax, McGuires gold etc. just don't get the job done. Even Zaino's car wash was pretty good but I feel there must be a product at AG that is really good for kicking up suds in hard water, and isn't as pricey as Zaino. Zaino does make the water slipery but the suds don't last. Any sugjestions will be appreciated. Being able to buy it in gal. size would be great. Feed back please

Meguiars? or is that a different brand?

Surfer
06-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Meguiars? or is that a different brand?McD's has their own wash.

klumzypinoy
06-08-2007, 02:39 AM
I really like Poorboy's Super SLick and Suds and Duragloss 901. Since you have a hard water problem, the filter kit Wytstang linked should be good

dengood1
06-08-2007, 06:05 AM
I really like the DP Extreme Foam. It's super slick, only takes a little bit to get LOTS of suds, and rinses very clean. Very good stuff IMO. Duragloss and Poorboys are excellent as well. Heck, might as well throw in Pinnacle too! All good stuff....

Truls
06-08-2007, 06:09 AM
DuraGloss 901 & Poorboys SS&S

ScottB
06-08-2007, 06:14 AM
I gotta say with no cost issue Pinnacle, with cost in mind then Poorboys or Duragloss.

killrflake
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Meguiars? or is that a different brand?

Obviously Meguiars made a big impression on me (McGuires?).

And Surfer, maybe I'll have to try McD's soap. If it's good enough to eat that crap off their grills and grease pits, I'm sure it will be gentle on my
paint. lol

Seriously, thank you all for the input. The one name that always seems to
pop up is Poorboy's SS &S. I think I'll give them a try first.

killrflake
06-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I gotta say with no cost issue Pinnacle, with cost in mind then Poorboys or Duragloss.

I have no problem paying for a quality product. Pinnacle is going on my
short list. Thanks

trlblazer3
06-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I've recently been using Optimum's wash on customer's cars and love it. Economical, good lubricity, good cleaning ability and does not remove LSP's. I would say SS&S is a slicker wash, but I'm happy with Optmium's bang-for-the-buck.

Nimble
06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I've recently been using Optimum's wash on customer's cars and love it. Economical, good lubricity, good cleaning ability and does not remove LSP's. I would say SS&S is a slicker wash, but I'm happy with Optmium's bang-for-the-buck.

I have a sample of the regular opt car wash and I too like it. Works good for me. If you *really* want a good cleaning wash with amazing suds, try chemical guy's citrus wash n gloss. Off the charts lubricity and suds. Nothing touches this stuff. And at stronger concentrations, it's good for stripping old stuff off the paint, and at lower concentrations, it is safe and actually adds gloss. You can also mix it in a spray bottle to pretreat dirty areas...kind of like a safe degreaser.