PDA

View Full Version : Strange lines appear on car after buffing

Alex Haramic
07-30-2013, 04:57 PM
I had did a total swirl remover with WG then WG glaze but I noticed I see lines or a light scratch that was made from the buffer I guess it's like a 6 inch line and a see a few but I used a GG buffer i dont know if its due to the pad or product build up I used the pad condition then primed the pad with product just wanted to know if anyone has an answer to this other than that cars been coming out great. Thanks

Flash Gordon
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I had did a total swirl remover with WG then WG glaze but I noticed I see lines or a light scratch that was made from the buffer I guess it's like a 6 inch line and a see a few but I used a GG buffer i dont know if its due to the pad or product build up I used the pad condition then primed the pad with product just wanted to know if anyone has an answer to this other than that cars been coming out great. Thanks

Are you using the right size pads? Only thing I can think of that might have happened is you:

a) Bumped the backing plate against the paint

b) Had junk on your pad

Evan.J
07-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Are you using the right size pads? Only thing I can think of that might have happened is you:

b) Had junk on your pad

c) Had something in the towel

I would think if it was the pad it would look like a pig tail and not straight.

Alex Haramic
07-30-2013, 05:08 PM

b) Had junk on your pad

5.5 pad 5inch BP and I think maybe I picked up little junk never hit the BP off the car yet I ll have to look at it again might be able to buff it out real quick with a light cutting hand pad.

Flash Gordon
07-30-2013, 05:09 PM
I would think if it was the pad it would look like a pig tail and not straight.

Good point! I'm tired and ready for bed already :dig:

Evan.J
07-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Good point! I'm tired and ready for bed already :dig:

Know that feeling all too well!

OP try a polish and change you towel and see what you get.