PDA

View Full Version : Best method of removing the 'clouding' or streaking of Hydr02?

Marc Hufnagel
07-29-2013, 05:51 PM
I think I messed up just a bit - applied hydro2 to the hood of my truck that had just been driven and pretty sure I may have waited a little long to rinse off as well.

So I have some pretty clouding and some streaks that will come off with a MF and QD, but with some really firm pressure. Enough to make some MF marring.

Anyone that has had this problem removed it with a little less pressure?

stibuki
07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Also interested in a solution. End of last week was overcast all day, so I thought what a good time to try out some Hydro2 on my garage queen. Quick wash/strip and then application of Hydro2. Half way through Hydro2 application the sun came out! Only had a few panels left. Wasn't quick enough even though I applied panel by panel and used DI water for the shock rinse. Left with some spotting and clouding. Haven't attempted a fix yet as I want to have the time to strip it off if there is no quick fix.

6supersport7
07-29-2013, 07:19 PM
I guess we all tried Hyrdo2 last week. It was to warm outside and I left it sit to long and got streaks as well. I tried a IPA wipe down, dawn bath and OPC. The streaks were still there. I finally broke out the rupes, black pad and some finishing polish. It took the streaks out. I redid the Hrdro2 a panel at a time the following morning and it came out great. Great beading and water sheeting.

stibuki
07-29-2013, 08:22 PM
I guess we all tried Hyrdo2 last week. It was to warm outside and I left it sit to long and got streaks as well. I tried a IPA wipe down, dawn bath and OPC. The streaks were still there. I finally broke out the rupes, black pad and some finishing polish. It took the streaks out. I redid the Hrdro2 a panel at a time the following morning and it came out great. Great beading and water sheeting.

I to did my ride a panel at a time but like I said the sun decided to make an appearance before I was totally done. Not what I wanted to hear! My garage queen has pretty much a flawless finish. Hate removing clear coat if I don't have to regardless how little. Wonder if a chemical cleaner would be enough or if it will need to be abraded off. Have Pinnacle paint work lotion in house and DP coating prep in route. Guess I will find out how tough Hydro2 is. If not I will start with SF4500 and black finishing pad or LC HydroTech Crimson for a tiny bit of extra cut.

PiPUK
07-30-2013, 02:58 AM
You should contact carpro about this. You shouldn't need to do 1 panel at a time, that isn't how they advertise it. They should be able to help with the streaks and they might be able to feed this back because a lot of people are reporting the same problems, something that just does not fit with a product which claims to be so easy to use.