PDA

View Full Version : Polishing chrome

wrb_subie
07-29-2013, 05:34 PM
A friend has asked me to help with some scuff marks that are on the exhaust on his harley. Now I've polished cars but wanna know of you think polish will work on this. I have a pc and m105/205 and Wolfgang products. Think any of that will work on this. Thanks for the help.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/jmgoelz/null-23.jpg

Mike Phillips
07-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Chrome doesn't lend itself well to being abraded with the end-result looking good or looking original.

Buff it with the M105 and it "might" look a little more clear and shiny but you're not going to remove the scratches and make it look "good" or "new" again.

:)

wrb_subie
07-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Chrome doesn't lend itself well to being abraded with the end-result looking good or looking original.

Buff it with the M105 and it "might" look a little more clear and shiny but you're not going to remove the scratches and make it look "good" or "new" again.

:)
thanks..appreciate the help. his rain suit melted on to the exhaust and some genius at the dealership told him to use a scotch brite pad on it to remove it. Common sense will go a long way I told him. will throw some 105 and tell him to live with the results.

inDetail
07-29-2013, 06:28 PM
I always keep P21s polishing soap. It's gentle and works well. Samething don't expect perfection but it will improve it.