PDA

View Full Version : DP Wheel Coating Review

Pats300zx
07-29-2013, 02:42 PM
This weekend I had the chance to play with 3 of the new DP products. This is quick review of the new DP Wheel Coating. For about the last two months I have been using Carpro Hydro2 on my 2006 Dodge Ram wheels. These wheels are a plastic chrome clad. I love how clean Hydro2 keeps my wheels and how easy they are to maintain.

I decided to leave the Hydro2 on my drivers side wheels but apply the DP Wheel coating to the passenger side to see how the two products compare and hold up. The Hydro2 has been on my wheels for about 2 weeks.

Product-DP Wheel Coating

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/detailer-s-wheel-coating-1.gif

Detailer’s Wheel Coating is a nano-glass ceramic coating that provides your wheels with unparalleled protection against brake dust, dirt, road grime, oil and tar. Formulated using nano-glass ceramic particles, Detailer’s Wheel Coating blankets your wheels in a durable, high-gloss protective barrier that resists brake-dust build up, keeping your wheels clean and protected in between regular washes. A single application lasts up to 1 year!

Process

1. Applied DP Coating Paint Prep Polish with a foam app.
The product applied very easy and buffed off effortlessly with a micro fiber towel.

2. Primed a new foam app with DP Wheel Coating and applied to the wheels. I only needed two or three spritzes to do the entire wheel and then buffed with a micro fiber towel.

Results

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/618/medium/DP_Wheel_Coating.jpg

Thoughts

1. The coating was probably one of the easiest products I have ever used. It applied super easy with no streaks and removal was effortless. The wheel surface was very slick after removal.

2. I hardly used any product at all. It seems cost effective as I can see the 4 oz bottle lasting an extremely long time.

3. The product claims to last for up to a year. I am curious to see if that holds true and how it compares to Hydro2 as far as longevity.

4. I also applied DP Wheel Coating to my chrome exhaust tip and chrome side steps. Since the product is designed for wheels I am curious to see how it holds up on a chrome surface.

Evan.J
07-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Nice Job! Looking forward to updates!

bootstrap
07-29-2013, 03:22 PM
O have some sitting in my closet waiting to apply. Thanks for the review

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD