PDA

View Full Version : Dryer Sheet Bugs

muddy
06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Have any of you heard of using wet dryer sheets to remove stubborn bugs and grime?
I'm on a few Xterra forums, and read what some people use for their cleaning (peanut butter to remove wax from trim?????), and a lot of people are talking about the wet dryer sheets to remove stuck on bugs.
Could this cause any harm for any reason? :confused:

Thanks.

Al-53
06-07-2007, 03:41 PM
The dryer sheet trick has been around awhile..the softner I guess softens the bug remains also...but the fabric its on seems like it would mar some...I never tried it...

the peanut butter trick does not really remove the wax...the oils in it just make it less visible....and why use peanut butter..just use the oil ..wipe it on let sit and wipe off...same difference..less messy..the oils sorta clears the wax residue for a while..till its washed a few times...good APC and a fingernail scrub brush will remove it after a oil soak....its sorta soft then.....so will wax eraser or wax blaster...they remove it also

AL

muddy
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
interesting. I just had to see if any of you guys (real detailers) had actually tried it or knew anything about it.
The guys on the Xterra forums are still convinced that mud all over everything makes a car look prettier. :p