PDA

View Full Version : Best trim restorer...

Pages : [1] 2

lunchboxmunchy
07-29-2013, 05:54 AM
Fellow Geeks, I need some advice. What are everyone's thoughts about the best trim polish/ restoration product. I have tried the Mother's version and the Meguiar's version. I am not very "pleased". I know that I can paint the trim, but I'm not wanting to do that on a client's vehicle. Thanks! :beer:

Keep Calm & Chive On

Boudin
07-29-2013, 06:12 AM
I really like Ultima Trim and Tire. I would also look in to DLUX as are permanent solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

theblob640
07-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Check out the results I got with DLux from the quick review I created not too long ago.

"Quick" project with CarPro DLux (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/68145-quick-project-carpro-dlux.html)

lunchboxmunchy
07-29-2013, 06:36 AM
I really like Ultima Trim and Tire. I would also look in to DLUX as are permanent solution.

Check out the results I got with DLux from the quick review I created not too long ago.

"Quick" project with CarPro DLux (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/68145-quick-project-carpro-dlux.html)

Thanks for the advice. You guys are the only ones that I've heard talk about that stuff. Blob, u read that review when you posted it. Nicely done!

Keep Calm & Chive On

Dave@TLC
07-29-2013, 07:23 AM
I agree Dlux is a great product to restore trim and it won't wash off after a few weeks like most other products. There is a little more prep involved, but it is well worth the effort.

KCCO!

Fastmike
07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree Dlux is a great product to restore trim and it won't wash off after a few weeks like most other products. There is a little more prep involved, but it is well worth the effort.

KCCO!

+1 on the Dlux.

I used some OPC to get the trim nice and clean and remove the white plastic.

Applied the DLux. Been about a month and still looks freshly applied, nice and black.

Flatlander
07-29-2013, 10:19 PM
I agree. I have read a lot of good things about DLux. I have experience with Gtech C4. Very nice stuff and great durability. Going on a year. Also, some of my trim was coated with OC 2.0. If it's in good shape that's always an option.

theblob640
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the advice. You guys are the only ones that I've heard talk about that stuff. Blob, u read that review when you posted it. Nicely done!

Keep Calm & Chive On

Thank you, I really appreciate it.

HateSwirls
08-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Chemical Guys V.R.T Super Shine.
Doesn't give to a lot of shine as it says but it gives you a great look.

Old Tiger
08-06-2013, 06:30 PM

Agree on both counts! DLUX is the best ever IME!

ScottB
08-06-2013, 06:32 PM
G-technic and Solution First are also nice products.

ntwillie1
08-06-2013, 09:48 PM
I have used Mother's Back to Black on my dark colored trims with good results. It doesn't last very long but it does bring the darkness of the trim back. For an OTC its not bad.

BillyJack
08-06-2013, 10:22 PM
I have used Mother's Back to Black on my dark colored trims with good results. It doesn't last very long but it does bring the darkness of the trim back. For an OTC its not bad.
I know BtoB has been much maligned here, but it's not bad with a good technique. I literally scrub it in, using a round stiff brush connected to a drill motor. Wipe it as dry as possible, then after it dries for at least overnight, top it with Collinite 845. It will keep black trim black for a long, long time.

Bill

lunchboxmunchy
08-06-2013, 11:11 PM
I know BtoB has been much maligned here, but it's not bad with a good technique. I literally scrub it in, using a round stiff brush connected to a drill motor. Wipe it as dry as possible, then after it dries for at least overnight, top it with Collinite 845. It will keep black trim black for a long, long time.

Bill

I've never thowaboit scrubbing it in. I've always just applied it, waited a minute and wiped off. I'll have to try it that way and it may be a life changing experience. Lol.

Keep Calm & Chive On

Radarryan
08-07-2013, 12:51 AM
I have used CarPro CQuartz DLux and liked the results. Also, I have heard good things about GTechniq C4. I prefer permenent options over dressings because I hate the running look that most dressings, with the exception of Ultima and a couple others, have after washing and/or rain. I think Swanic did a test with DLux vs. Wolf's trim restorer. Try to find that thread and give it a read.