PDA

View Full Version : Removing seats

Calendyr
07-29-2013, 03:15 AM
Hey guys,

I was watching some detailing videos tonight (like I always do) and the guy was showing one of the worst mini-van I have ever seen. Food stains everywhere, dirt like I did not think it was possible, just a total nightmare.

In the video he mentions that it is important to be really carefull not to scratch the plastic near the back door when removing the seats.

Here is the question I have, do you guys remove seats when you do mini-vans? How about cars?

How easy is it to remove and re-install them (since I have never done that)?

Evan.J
07-29-2013, 05:23 AM
It all depends on the vehicle you are working with and if you have the right tools.

I will only remove the seats if thats what the customer wants or the vehicle is that dirty but you can be sure that will be a up charge for that service.

lunchboxmunchy
07-29-2013, 05:49 AM
I've only removed the seats once, that's only because the client asked me too. I'll remove third row seating and seats that are meant to be removed.

Keep Calm & Chive On

ken tuep
07-29-2013, 06:47 AM
I remove them pretty often to get completely in between the seats and center console. It usually takes a couple minutes per seat and saves plenty in the end.

Be sure to put blue thread locker and retorque them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Pureshine
07-29-2013, 10:46 AM
It all depends on the vehicle you are working with and if you have the right tools.

I will only remove the seats if thats what the customer wants or the vehicle is that dirty but you can be sure that will be a up charge for that service.

+1