PDA

View Full Version : Late night Taco

hollerstiltner
07-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Seeing as how I'm about to start 7 straight night shifts, I figured I needed to get adjusted to the new schedule. What better way than doing a quick ONR wash then wax of the truck?

Quick rundown.
1. ONR wash
2. Max Wax
3. Dress w/ Meguiar's Tire and Trim Gel
4. Aquapel to the windshield
5. Tires will be done tomorrow

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20173&stc=1&d=1375080907

Overall turned out fairly well. Learned a couple things too. If the garage is below the bedroom, the wife will tell you to turn the buffer off pretty quick. Next is to watch out for garage door springs. If they break near you it'll almost give you a heart attack. (You can see where it landed next to the truck.)

Thanks for looking!

Chris

Pureshine
07-29-2013, 10:48 AM
There is no pic :(

ArkayoDeetayo
07-29-2013, 11:01 AM
taco?

Eric@CherryOnTop
07-29-2013, 11:05 AM
Now I want tacos for lunch....

Sent from my Transformer using AG Online

Shane731
07-29-2013, 11:40 AM
taco?

Short for Tacoma

Jpatchley
07-29-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm eating tacos for lunch right now! ;)

ArkayoDeetayo
07-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Short for Tacoma

ah okay, that makes sense

when I clicked this, I thought it was something relating to food and OP making home-made tacos lol...oh the trickery, just like the other thread I thought I was going to see a 27 year old hottie...

hollerstiltner
07-29-2013, 02:25 PM
ah okay, that makes sense

when I clicked this, I thought it was something relating to food and OP making home-made tacos lol...oh the trickery, just like the other thread I thought I was going to see a 27 year old hottie...

Sorry about misleading you on the taco part. Calling it a taco is an old habit. All this talk of tacos makes me want to go taco bell now. Lol.

Did the pic not come through? It's viewable on my phone.

hollerstiltner
07-29-2013, 02:30 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/uploads/33345/image174.jpg

I hope this came through. If not, I give up.

Jpatchley
07-29-2013, 03:03 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/uploads/33345/image174.jpg

I hope this came through. If not, I give up.

I can see it :xyxthumbs:

BillE
07-30-2013, 07:42 AM
Looks GOOD!

May I ask, what is your opinion/impression of the Tacoma? I'm looking REAL HARD at them. I had a '79 Toy that was just one great little truck. Need to down size from a 2500HD Chev 8.1.

Bill

hollerstiltner
07-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Looks GOOD!

May I ask, what is your opinion/impression of the Tacoma? I'm looking REAL HARD at them. I had a '79 Toy that was just one great little truck. Need to down size from a 2500HD Chev 8.1.

Bill

I've had this truck new since 2011 and have to say I'm enjoying. I like the ride and the handling quite a bit. The controls have good feedback. I can comfortably drive 4-5hr (longest so far). It currently has about 37k on it without any major issues. I did have to have the heat/AC fan replaced though. My truck is an extended cab TRD off-road with the 6sp manual transmission with a 4L V6.

My only complaint would be the gas milage. I average about 18.5mpg. While not bad, some full size trucks can do that now. If you get the automatic you can expect to get a little better (20-21). Toyota geared the MTs for towing. Despite the marginal mpg I'd buy it again. It's the perfect size for me.

Sorry for rambling. Any specific questions you're looking to have answered?

Chris

That's a beast of a truck your downsizing from. I always liked those trucks, but it just hasn't been practical for me to get one.

Dewy
07-31-2013, 04:03 PM
I've got a 2012 double cab sport and I am really happy with it. Haven't really worked it though, just commuting so far. Mpg around 19. There is a common problem you should be aware of. At around 15mph there is a driveline vibration that no one seems to be able to fix. Toyota is aware of it and have issued a bulletin on the problem. There is a ton of info on this subject on the Tacoma World forum. It really doesn't bother me much. I don't know if its just worse on some trucks than others but I'm pretty particular. Hope this helps.

BillE
08-01-2013, 07:46 AM
I've had this truck new since 2011 and have to say I'm enjoying. I like the ride and the handling quite a bit. The controls have good feedback. I can comfortably drive 4-5hr (longest so far). It currently has about 37k on it without any major issues. I did have to have the heat/AC fan replaced though. My truck is an extended cab TRD off-road with the 6sp manual transmission with a 4L V6.

My only complaint would be the gas milage. I average about 18.5mpg. While not bad, some full size trucks can do that now. If you get the automatic you can expect to get a little better (20-21). Toyota geared the MTs for towing. Despite the marginal mpg I'd buy it again. It's the perfect size for me.

Sorry for rambling. Any specific questions you're looking to have answered?

Chris

That's a beast of a truck your downsizing from. I always liked those trucks, but it just hasn't been practical for me to get one.

It is a true 'tow pig'! But man, at 7-9MPG towing those fill-ups while towing are pricy (that's an understatement). When you have 8 cylinders the size of a quart oil can (they really ARE), it is to be expected. We sold the 5th wheel a couple of weeks ago, but still kinda need a truck at times.

Thanx for the feed back on the Taco. Gonna probably go 'see the man' next week and see what kinda numbers we can come up with.

I've got a 2012 double cab sport and I am really happy with it. Haven't really worked it though, just commuting so far. Mpg around 19. There is a common problem you should be aware of. At around 15mph there is a driveline vibration that no one seems to be able to fix. Toyota is aware of it and have issued a bulletin on the problem. There is a ton of info on this subject on the Tacoma World forum. It really doesn't bother me much. I don't know if its just worse on some trucks than others but I'm pretty particular. Hope this helps.

Thank you!

Bill