PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with dusty seats?

Harry Da Hamster
07-29-2013, 01:41 AM
How do you folks tackle really dusty seats? Some seats i see are so dusty, i can smack them a million times and vacuum forever but it doesn't seem to get rid of the dust. What will work?

cleanmycorolla
07-29-2013, 02:01 AM
APC, or interior/fabric cleaner and a towel.

Harry Da Hamster
07-29-2013, 02:44 AM
I'm talking really dusty seats with dust embedded in the cushion.

Mike Phillips
07-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Do you have a large air compressor?

:)

ken tuep
07-29-2013, 06:45 AM
I see where Mike is going, and like it!

I love my tornador and Compressor. A regular blower also works. The tornador is like a beater brush on a vacuum, but better.

If you have an extractor, that could also reduce the dust without blowing it every where.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Mike Phillips
07-29-2013, 07:13 AM
I see where Mike is going, and like it!

I love my tornador and Compressor. A regular blower also works. The tornador is like a beater brush on a vacuum, but better.

Exactly....

Attach this sucker to any quality shop vac and you'll be blow away by how clean you can get fabric seats using only a vacumm.

I show this tool in all my detailing boot camp classes.

Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment TB-017 (http://www.autogeek.net/tornador-blastor-vacuum-attachment.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/Tornador_Blastor_Vacuum_Attachment_TB-017.jpg

Here's what you need in order to use it...

The Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment must be used with an air compressor capable of producing a constant air pressure of at least 60 psi.

Do not to exceed 90 psi in order to protect your Tornador from unnecessary wear. The Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment includes a host of different attachments and a rubber air line along with the air compressor fitting to attach to most standard air hoses.

:)

Harry Da Hamster
07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I wish i had an air compressor and Tornador. Saw some video reviews and they look great! But for now its out of the budget and i live in an apartment so it won't work. I'm thinking an affordable/portable extractor. Or wet-vac and solution in a spray bottle.

nezff
08-25-2013, 08:59 AM
Im wondering the same thing. I had a truck yesterday with cloth black seats. Had dirt and dust embedded in them. I could see most of it coming out with shop vac passes.

Im wondering if this is the tool for me also? Ive been looking at the tornador black, but im assuming it is geared more toward dashes, cracks, crevices etc.. I would love to know where the dirt, sand, and grime is going when blowing it out of carpeting. You would still need a way to vacuum it out of the carpet instead of blowing it to another place in the carpet?