PDA

View Full Version : waterless wash solutions (ONRWW used like UWW)

TurboToys
07-28-2013, 07:34 PM
i see that you can do 1/2 oz of UWW to 22oz water and get their propert dilution, or they say you can do 1 oz to 3 gal of water to get a rinseless wash.

i typically use ONR and recently replaced my ONR with the wash and wax version, i like them both but sometimes i want to get a clean look without doing a full wash and just want to wipe down to save time and drying, water in cracks, etc.

anyone ever tried to do a WW solution with ONR? you would assume that if the dilution of UWW is similar to the dilution of ONRWW that you could get the same to near same effect as UWW by mixing ONRWW with a smaller amount of water, say 1 oz to 30 oz of water?

i may do a test area and see how good it goes, dirty car, 1 oz to 30 oz dilution and check before and after with a light and see if any scratches came about. but i'd like to hear if anyone else has tried this first.

thanks

SonOfOC
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
IME, ONR or ONRWW as a waterless is NOT as good as UWW+.

However, UWW+ as a rinseless is equal to ONR or ONRWW....just not cost effective.

TurboToys
07-28-2013, 08:54 PM
this is true, it probably isn't as good, but does it work as one?

it's like saying that one wax isn't as good as another, but does it serve it's purpose? all quick detailers are not equal, some are better than others at the job they perform, but are still used by a lot of people because they still do the job.

SonOfOC
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
this is true, it probably isn't as good, but does it work as one?

Yes it will work. ONR or ONRWW will work decent as a QD or Waterless.