PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Menzerna Powerlock

Pages : [1] 2

JHL88
07-28-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty particular when it comes to sealants, I also do not use them very much because my truck is a DD, but it's also garaged every night and some days i don't drive it at all.

My wife's ride however stays outside 24/7 except when there is a hail storm coming then I have to make room in our small 2 car garage.

Anyway, I put on one application of Menzerna PL about 1.5-2 months ago as a stand-alone LSP. Sorry I do not have any pics when I finished it but I was suprised how good PL looked on black metallic, take my word for it. I was real interested on the durability most of all. Well, its been raining a lot here and manage to take a pic of how its beading standing up to 2 months of hot, hot weather & a lot of driving.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd374/JHL88/DSC01474.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/JHL88/media/DSC01474.jpg.html)

I really like this sealant. Easy to apply and remove, looks great and durability seems promising so far. Can't wait to use this on my truck.

sproketser
07-28-2013, 11:03 AM
I love PL , did put 2 coats + some carnauba wax , greate results .

statusdetailing
07-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I have pl on my jeep. Its garaged but driven alot. Its topped with color lock. Its been around 1.5 months. It still beads like i just applied it. The jeep was very dusty the other day and after going tbrough a hard rain, it looked like i had just washed it. Applied to my wheels as well. Seems to be holding up. Not sure how long it will hold up to the heat

swanicyouth
07-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes PL is very good. Its really the only LSP a person would ever need, if we didn't have the gene that makes us always want to try something new. A bottle would last years if just doing your own cars. Expect at least 5-6 months. I also find its almost impossible to chemically strip it off.

statusdetailing
07-28-2013, 11:25 AM
As a side note, I really like applying this product. I don't know what it is. . .it never gives me any trouble. Easy to apply; easy to remove. No problem if you apply it a little thick in some spots.

I also like the color lock wax. It's very durable and smells like bananas.

Has anyone applied PL to glass? I heard it works.

JHL88
07-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Yes PL is very good. Its really the only LSP a person would ever need, if we didn't have the gene that makes us always want to try something new. A bottle would last years if just doing your own cars. Expect at least 5-6 months. I also find its almost impossible to chemically strip it off.

I guess that shows just how tough it is. I've come to the conclusion that If i really want to strip a LSP ill just bust out my G110v2 & some paint cleaner and go over it.

If I put 2 coats on my truck which stays garaged if im not actually driving it, I assume it will last quite a while.

Has anyone had troubles applying it with a DA? It seems like I used a lot of product on a foam applicator don't know if anyone else can relate.

02xtreme07SS
07-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Powerlock is my current favorite LSP. Looks great and even better long-term durable protection.

RhetoricMixes
07-28-2013, 02:29 PM
As a side note, I really like applying this product. I don't know what it is. . .it never gives me any trouble. Easy to apply; easy to remove. No problem if you apply it a little thick in some spots.

I also like the color lock wax. It's very durable and smells like bananas.

Has anyone applied PL to glass? I heard it works.

I apply it to the glass of all vehicles i work on except the windshield. It turns into a streaky mess when the wiper comes on so I avoid putting it there.

statusdetailing
07-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I apply it to the glass of all vehicles i work on except the windshield. It turns into a streaky mess when the wiper comes on so I avoid putting it there.

Good to know. Thanks!

mavin
07-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Is powerlock the same thing as WGDGPS, considering Menzerna makes the compound/polish in that line?

Marc08EX
07-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Powerlock is my favorite sealant.

cleanmycorolla
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
I guess that shows just how tough it is. I've come to the conclusion that If i really want to strip a LSP ill just bust out my G110v2 & some paint cleaner and go over it.

Exactly what I do! You remove the LSP and provide a good cleaning, win win. As a geek a good paint cleaner is a must IMO. Actually anyone for that matter.

inDetail
07-28-2013, 04:43 PM
It should apply like a polish 3 or 4 pea sized drops per panel. It should spread easily and have a long work time from the silicone content

Theostoubos
07-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Is powerlock the same thing as WGDGPS, considering Menzerna makes the compound/polish in that line?

I believe it's exactly the same as WDGS and Blackfire Wet Diamond....

Just differently branded from PBMG...

It's an amazing product. Love the looks and absolute slickness of it, as well as the easy on & off.

hernandez.art13
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM
You guys are going to think i'm weird. I applied PL on car paint, my computer, headlights and cell phone screen.

This stuff is strong...!