PDA

View Full Version : New car leather care

Rick72
07-28-2013, 10:07 AM
What does everyone suggest for keeping new leather looking great. I tried Meg's leather cleaner and conditioner on a small section... No go for me way too greasy.
Thanks

PA DETAILER
07-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Detailer's Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, auto leather cleaner, car leather conditioner, best leather cleaner conditioner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp-leather-cleaner-conditioner.html)

DP :xyxthumbs:
been using this on my xterra leather seats. foam. does a great job of keeping them up.

Detailing by M
07-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Meguiar's New Leather Sealer System rocks!
Easy to use and is a polymer protectant.

Radarryan
07-28-2013, 10:36 AM
I always tend to condition more often than I do full cleaning/conditioning (you must condition after every cleaning however you do not have to clean before every conditioning session), therefore I opt for separate products.

I think your first step should be determining if you have finished leather, or something else. If it is unfinished, you must choose the appropriate product. If finished, leather products will not clean the coating as well as some others, such as Utima Interior Shampoo Gel with Utima Interior Guard as a protectant. I want to try Leather Masters. Also, heard good things about 1Z and Sonax.

daveinsweethome
07-28-2013, 10:40 AM
leatherique pristine cleaner is a great item but i use it for more expensive leather interiors or my own cars. Ultima products are my go to for everything else

Rick72
07-28-2013, 10:47 AM
It is a '14 Mazda6 leather is most likely coated I assume. What's the best way to find out?

Radarryan
07-28-2013, 01:02 PM
It is a '14 Mazda6 leather is most likely coated I assume. What's the best way to find out?

I believe it is a water drop test, but I am not a professional, just an enthusiast so I would wait for a "professional" answer. You could also search this forum or the Internet for "how to tell if leather is coated". I would be pretty sure that it is, as well. You have to go with über high-end cars (Rolls Royce, etc.) to have un-coated leather.

POWERMAN_
07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Meguiar's Gold class cleaner/conditioner seems to be ok so far.
Not like I have REAL leather anyways..

slimnib
07-28-2013, 03:30 PM

Are you sure that the seats are all leather? Generally only the seating part ( where your behind goes) is leather,

slimnib
07-28-2013, 03:31 PM
Try lexol. Leather is their business

jfelbab
07-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Leather Masters the product that most others are measured against here in the states. I have never been unhappy with the results and it is among the few products that actually prevent dye transfer.

Rick72
07-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Are you sure that the seats are all leather? Generally only the seating part ( where your behind goes) is leather,

I'm not all all sure about 100% leather.
The GT has leather and the other models have leatherette.