PDA

View Full Version : Best quality pad

jbjwallace
07-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I have just started, today I used my GG DA on my 20 year old +
car, I have just used my polisher for the first time, I used a orange pad from HF. I have some from GG (did not want to use on the first try) The HF started coming apart. I would like to know what pad (brand) would last the longest?...Thanks

af90
07-27-2013, 10:43 PM
I like Buff and Shine foam pads. Or Meguiar's Microfiber cutting pads.

BillE
07-28-2013, 07:03 AM
Look here...

Foam & Wool Buffing Pads for Dual Action, Rotary/Circular Polishers and Cyclo Orbital Polishers. (http://www.autogeek.net/foam-polishing-pads.html)

Bill

ski2
07-28-2013, 07:09 AM
I have just started, today I used my GG DA on my 20 year old +
car, I have just used my polisher for the first time, I used a orange pad from HF. I have some from GG (did not want to use on the first try) The HF started coming apart. I would like to know what pad (brand) would last the longest?...Thanks

There are many reports of the HF pads not lasting very long. First off get a 5" backing plate for your GG DA and then take a look at 5.5" LC Flat pads or Buff & Shine flat pads. Either should last you for years if properly cared for.

inDetail
07-28-2013, 08:45 AM
IMO Lake Country Pads just about all their foam, wool and hybrid pads are really good. I have heard poor reviews of their MF.
Black Optics/Sur Buff Black MF pads are great. Fast cut no heat transfer easiest MF pads to clean IMO.
Meg's MF are hit or miss. I have heard stories of premature failure. With other quality options at better prices I would send my money else where.

If your first starting out go with a 5.5" pad and a 5" backing plate. 5.5" pad will be the most common pad and the easiest pad to learn and control. Not too big not too small.

Read as much as you can about pads, design and what they are used for. If this is your first go around I would say look into Lake Country CCS pads, Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads, Chemical Guys Black optic pads ( these are made by SurBuff so you can get them from Car Pro for $5 a pad I think.)
Just a note you will find MF cuts faster but foam will finish out better with less of a haze.

Legumes
07-28-2013, 08:52 AM
The HF pads should not come apart under normal circumstances. They're actually not bad quality. You should be using a 5'' backing plate with those though. If you used a 6'' backing plate then you have velcro backing coming into contact with the exposed foam on the rear of the pad. Clean the orange pads often and don't use an excess amount of product.

Most foam pad failures no matter what brand are usually from a pad that's caked full of product and/or worked way too long. The same can be said about the MF pads.

silverfox
07-28-2013, 08:53 AM
I just stick with Buff and Shine foam and MF pads as I like to keep things simple.

They perform as advertised. No surprises and consistent results. They actually manufacture pads as apposed to offering rebranded ones.

primo spaghetti
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
buff and shine...hands down.

ski2
07-28-2013, 06:37 PM
Same here -- B&S with out a doubt.

dlc95
07-28-2013, 07:55 PM
My favorite is the Hex Logic, which are made by buff and shine.

VP Mark
07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
LC CCS pads hold up really well for me. Most microfiber pads can hold up well but you have to be absolutely tedious about cleaning them. the CCS pads can take a lot of abuse and will still clean up easy and perform well.

Steelman
07-28-2013, 11:27 PM
I use the Buff & Shine Flat Face 5 1/2" pad on 5" B/Plate. No problem with these pads.