PDA

View Full Version : Rinseless wash use during a traditional wash?

WRAPT C5Z06
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
This just crossed my mind. Does anyone use a rinseless wash in place of regular soap when doing a traditional wash? I would think a rinseless mixture has more lubricity than regular soap? Not sure about cleaning ability.

IAtegeler
07-27-2013, 09:04 PM
i always use soap still. But on some of the dirtier areas I will spray it with ONR for some more lubricity

SonOfOC
07-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Are you saying use something like ONR as your soap with your 2B, wash like normal, then rinse off with a hose?

SYMAWD
07-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Sometimes I add 0.5oz of ONR to my car shampoo.

WRAPT C5Z06
07-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Are you saying use something like ONR as your soap with your 2B, wash like normal, then rinse off with a hose?
Yep. Main reason the idea popped up is, I would think, rinsless washes have more lubricity than any regular soap. I could be wrong.

01GreyStangGT
07-27-2013, 10:06 PM
i read to add ONR to your bucket on a hose wash to soften the water you are using.

SonOfOC
07-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Yep. Main reason the idea popped up is, I would think, rinsless washes have more lubricity than any regular soap. I could be wrong.

I'm a rinseless wash fanatic, but soaps like DG and CG Citrus WG have so much lubricity already.

YankeeFan
07-27-2013, 11:00 PM
I add a capful to both wash and rinse buckets all the time.

cleanmycorolla
07-28-2013, 12:29 AM
If and when I break out soap to wash, which is rarely, I'll add a little UWW in the mix just for some lubricity. Honestly who the hell knows if it did anything.

beamerstrumpet
07-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Wouldnt it also help remove spots in hot weather? Is this the reason for adding also?

flatlinerz
07-28-2013, 01:49 AM
I add a capful to both wash and rinse buckets all the time.

I do the same too

jamesalanb
07-28-2013, 06:35 AM
I add a cap of ONRWW to my Meg's GC shampoo if I'm not going to spray D156 afterward. Adds a touch of shine and a bit of protection (minimal at best), but can streak if you add too much.

FUNX650
07-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi Mark...

Good questions!! :props:

There are spokespersons for certain rinseless/no rinse products that have stated you can actually use them all by themselves...
instead of using car-wash shampoos...in/for a traditional car-washing session.

Along with this above stated "feature"...it's also been stated that:
-You won't get the same amount (if any) "suds"/foaming with this method.
-This method will: "do the job just fine"...
-"Whether you rinse it or not".

It has been duly noted that most car-wash shampoos have some level of lubricity;
and, by: adding a little bit [1/2-1.0 oz or so (?)] of some rinseless/no-rinse products will add some more lubricity...
as well as "soften" the wash/rinse waters.

The price-points, per use, of a rinseless/no-rinse product versus those of dedicated car-wash shampoos
may become the determinate factors in selecting one type of car-wash product/method over the other.

(I will add that water restrictions/availability should be listed as a concern for some folks)

A FUNX725 Editorial:
-I have yet to personally do a comparison of either the costs, cleaning abilities, and/or lubricity differentials.

But it seems, to me, that a person would have a whole bucket-full of "no-sudsing lubricity-agents" when using
only a rinseless/no-rinse product in/for a traditional car-wash session.

However, being that I appreciate as much "cushioning" as possible whenever I perform a car-washing session...
I am not one that will question/doubt if that bucket-full-amount is truly necessary, or not.

As such: Other Folks (OF) MMV.

:)

Bob

An Aside: Have you taken delivery of your ZO6 yet?